Sign in to follow this  
dopalgangr

Best Night Camera in Black and White

This may have been done, but a quick search didn't yield anything, I'm looking for the best (of course) BW camera for outdoors. Color doesn't matter to me as long as the pictures good. I have noticed that there is a trend on the specs as you can get one with a Sony 1/3 Ex View that delivers (allegedly) 600tvl at .01 Lux and then one with the same type chip only it delivers 480tvl at 0.0003 lux. I dint care if it has IR, in fact I would rather not have it for glare and reflection purposes if I mount it in my vehicle. I was looking at the following models by KT&C and wanted to get your opinions on them or if you had another model in mind. I really dint want to spend more than $200 retail. Thanks.

KPC-600BH 600tvl 0.01 lux

KPC-CH 480tvl 0.0003 lux (dint know why this has a lower res but better lux than the one above)

KPC-WYN(H) 600tvl 0.05 lux

This may have been done, but a quick search didn't yield anything, I'm looking for the best (of course) BW camera for outdoors. Color doesn't matter to me as long as the pictures good. I have noticed that there is a trend on the specs as you can get one with a Sony 1/3 Ex View that delivers (allegedly) 600tvl at .01 Lux and then one with the same type chip only it delivers 480tvl at 0.0003 lux. I dint care if it has IR, in fact I would rather not have it for glare and reflection purposes if I mount it in my vehicle. I was looking at the following models by KT&C and wanted to get your opinions on them or if you had another model in mind. I really dint want to spend more than $200 retail. Thanks.

KPC-600BH 600tvl 0.01 lux

KPC-CH 480tvl 0.0003 lux (dint know why this has a lower res but better lux than the one above)

KPC-WYN(H) 600tvl 0.05 lux

Here are few choice competitively to your pricing (and less in most cases):

1. Bosch LTC 0355/20 - 570TVL

2. GE KTC-115CC - 600TVL

3. GE KTC-515 - more expensive than KTC-115CC - 600TVL

4. GE KTC-540E - more expensive than KTC-515 - 600TVL

5. Panasonic WV-BP334 - 570TVL

6. Sanyo VCB-3384 - 570TVL

All these models from this lineup can deliver the goods.. I do not have a favorite, but I can tell you that the most cost effective are the model(s) from Sanyo and GE KTC-115CC from the above linup...

Thanks for the reply, those look like indoor cameras though, I was looking for something that could mount outside without and enclosure but still have the specs.

Thanks for the reply, those look like indoor cameras though, I was looking for something that could mount outside without and enclosure but still have the specs.

To put them outside, don't think it should be environmentally protected against rain, dust, snow, etc??

Either you can put these into a housing with heater and blower (dependent where you live in the country). There are only few minidomes that I am aware of that come with hi res b&w camera and in the minidome packaging and also with IP66 packaging... but the pricing is higher than your budget..