Has anyone used the software available from Genetec?

Here is the url: http://www.genetec.com/English/Pages/Default.aspx

Any pros, cons or any info will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pros: Extremely flexible system, powerful features.

Cons: The cost. It's one of the highest end options on the market and their pricing reflects it.

I have been getting a lot of positive feedback about their product line, so we decided to pursue possible agreement as integrators...

Price to me for any product is relative to the performance and acceptability. If their pricing is higher than most, may be they offer features that justifies such costs. The important aspect that matters to me is the justification of end users - they dictate like or dislikes and justification of costs.. and not what any company may think about their respective products.

Have you worked with them before? I understand that they offer training courses on all their product lines, including their access control and license recognition software... and apparently someone has to go to Canada or to one of their regional offices for such training...

Thomas, any info that you can share will be greatly appreciated. If you want, please PM.

Thanks much!

I have been getting a lot of positive feedback about their product line, so we decided to pursue possible agreement as integrators...

Price to me for any product is relative to the performance and acceptability. If their pricing is higher than most, may be they offer features that justifies such costs. The important aspect that matters to me is the justification of end users - they dictate like or dislikes and justification of costs.. and not what any company may think about their respective products.

Have you worked with them before? I understand that they offer training courses on all their product lines, including their access control and license recognition software... and apparently someone has to go to Canada or to one of their regional offices for such training...

Thomas, any info that you can share will be greatly appreciated. If you want, please PM.

Thanks much!

I compete with them so understand that I'm going to be somewhat limited in what I say. Their software is extremely customizable but again, you're talking top 5% of customers in terms of budget. If you do really high end government work, airports, customers with extremely deep pockets then they will fit in fine. If your more of a smaller to mid-size integrator, you may find your customers less willing to pay their prices.