Meatfeast

Problems Replaying Footage on Swann DVR-4-Pro-Net

Hi there, please can you be of assistance?

I am currently using a Swann DVR-4-Pro-Netâ„¢ 4-Channel Networking DVR to record footage abroad. The footage is recorded from 4 cameras and the image is split onto the screen in quadrants with each quadrant showing a different image.

I have now taken the hard drive with these recordings back to my office in the UK and when I come to replay the footage in another Swann DVR-4-Pro-Netâ„¢ (exactly the same model), I can only replay the recording from one of the cameras. The quadrants just split the image from camera 1, rather than showing the images of cameras 1, 2, 3 and 4 in each.

Please can anyone offer some advice on how I can set the system up so when I replay the footage, it plays out with all 4 cameras as opposed to just one?

Kind regards

Here is a message to others, and not Meatfeast.

Do not try this with your DVR. There are DVRs that reformat Hard Drives automatically when a "new" Hard Drive is installed in to it, and that will erase your footage that you have stored.

As for your problems Meatfeast you are walking in to uncharted territory.

I do not know why you are having the issues that your are having.

I can ask if you can press button number 2, or 3, or 4 during playback to see if the camera views change.

I do not know if this would make a correction or not, but you can try this perhaps.

http://scorpiontheater.com/cil.aspx

To change the camera image layout during live view:

1) Go to the live view

2) Press "SET/ENTER" - one of the camera images will go green

3) Use the Up/Down/Left/Right buttons to move the green box around to select one of the cameras (or an empty channel)

4) Use the + and - buttons to select a channel number. The channel numbers are in white.

5) Press "SET/ENTER" again.

To change the camera image layout during playback:

1) Go into playback mode (just hit Play)

2) Press "SET/ENTER" - one of the camera images will go green

3) Use the Up/Down/Left/Right buttons to move the green box around to select one of the cameras (or an empty channel)

4) Use the + and - buttons to select a channel number ....

As you cycle through the channels numbers you will see they switch between white and yellow as you roll over (ie White 1-2-3-4 then Yellow 1-2-3-4 then White 1-2-3-4 etc)

When you select a channel number, White means LIVE and Yellow means PLAYBACK.

5) Press "SET/ENTER" again.

ie - While you are playing back you want camera image 4 to show a live view of channel 1... Press 'Set' button, use up/down/left/right to highlight image 4, then user + / - to select "WHITE" 01, then press Set.

ie If you want to restore your 4ch playback to factory default...

1) - Press 'Set' button, use up/down/left/right to highlight image 1, then user + / - to select "YELLOW" 01, then press Set.

Repeat for images 2-4.

Meatfeast, I would suggest that you set up a computer in the UK, and have the DVR send video to that computer so that you can view the video there in the UK. You can then change it to AVI if you need.

I would not suggest carrying the hard drive to another machine.