New guy here, I'm Frank, I have 8 cameras running on a PC, OS = Windows XP Pro, Software = Pico 2000 (Bought and paid for!) and the image in all the cameras jumps all most constantly causing the motion sensors to record constantly. I have good power to each camera and good coax.

Any ideas?

ehhhh I hate this Pico @$@% .. Is it on NTSC or on PAL, but I dont know what is your standard.. There was some free program for the PICO named DICO Tried it once.. was way better then the pico... go ahead check it out

I have a similar setup except I use Cat5 with baluns over a total cable distance of about 50m. Same problem of picture jumping. So far I only found this on the web:

"I have seen exactly the same problem over l-o-n-g cables because the video signal was attenuated and the video card had a harder problem synchronizing to it."

Does anybody have a fix for this?

thanks

Edited by Guest

follow up...

I downloaded and installed the Dico software and I like it much better than the Pico 2000 software (which I paid for).

Of the 2 cameras that I have, using Dico, the picture on one still jumps, the other is much better during the day, at night both pictures jump.

So my question:

Should I go with a different brand DVR card OR invest in an active balun to get a better signal at the DVR?

thanks

Hello, Goodbie, If the cable ran a long way, it might consume more power and there should be a vieo signal loss via long distance transmission. Therefore, it did take a awful effect on the image quality. A video balun might be an active solution.

...just to follow up on this, in case it could help somebody else.

I installed a 4 channel active video balun receiver at the DVR and fed all 4 cameras through it before entering the DVR, I kept the passive baluns at the cameras and so far it looks like it fixed my jumping image problem, woohoo!

thanks for the help!