Sign in to follow this  
v2ikevend

Recoveryng Intellex DVMS - can camera names be recovered ?

Hi I changed the bad system disk on Intellex DVMS v 3.2. Everything works fine. AS most of the bad HDD is still readable, I wonder, is it possible to recover camera names?

I have tryed to copy c:\Intellex c:\windows\Intellex c:\Program Files\Sensormatic directories, but with no success.

Anyone have an idea?

By some miracle and cheer luck, i got the old HDD working so far, I could save the configuration. So matter is solved!

Question remains - Where stores Intellex DVMS it's camera names?

If its flashdrive, then how comes, reinstalling resets the names?

By some miracle and cheer luck, i got the old HDD working so far, I could save the configuration. So matter is solved!

Question remains - Where stores Intellex DVMS it's camera names?

If its flashdrive, then how comes, reinstalling resets the names?

When you are restoring the Intellex on a new drive, it installs everything fresh and then you can program everything, including the camera names.

When you state that the old drive suddenly worked, chances are good that you had a bad power supply, otherwise when the drive is bad, it is not recoverable (unless you know how to change internal components of the drive)..

The easiest way that you can bring your previous system back is to perform "complete hard drive" copy... It works just fine... There are quite of few "hard drive" copy utilities in the market and I do not have any preference which one.. This way not only you get your complete system up and running, including no need for the software key, but also you will retain all the camera names and all the other system settings.

Those systems don't have embedded OS so they don't have a flash drive, they store on the HDD's and as CCTV_Suppliers has said you can copy the HDD's with almost any of the available copy utilities and not have to worry about any of the settings.

The main trick is to make sure that your MAC address matches with the software key that normally located on either a door (on desktops) or the cover (on rack mountable version).. If you do not have it, then... that is when the problems start..

Also, I will strongly recommend to replace existing power supply with at least 450W and with 80% efficiency... Since you are at it, change all the cables with rounded ATA (if PATA drives) or better locking based SATA cables... and lastly, always change all the fans in the back and add another fan on the front (if it is a desktop, there is a space right behind were capture card is mounted)... RAM, well, my preference is always at least 512MB... You may get an argument from AD reps, who are part of this forum, but if you are able to view Windows Task Manager activities while Intellex is running (by the way, this feature is disabled in the Intellex via Regedit setting), then you can realize how hungry the Intellex really is for more RAM...

Good luck and I am sure you will have excellent working machine... and please share with us your results when you are done...