luxury1

Help for the Novice Please

Hey Guys,

You guys are definitely experts and I admit that I am a true novice. I had a lower end but commercial grade camera system installed in my home. I use Pelco Camclosure cameras and a Pelco DX1100 series DVR. The DVR has been acceptable for the past 2 years I have had it but now I have an issue.

The problem is that the DVR displays live video but won't let me rewind / review. Every time I go through the date/time to display or try to rewind it just reverts back to the current date / time. Has anyone else had this issue? Also, what should I do about this? The company that installed it (Guardian) really is clueless when it comes to repairs and will just keep charging me. Should I go to Pelco or should I just consider a new DVR as this one is most likely shot.

Thanks for the help as always!!!

Dan

Rory, where are you??? You always help me

Anyway, I talked to Pelco today and we tried to reset the device to factory settings but it didn't work so they said that it needs to go in to replace a board. How much do you think that this would cost? Also, how much is a new 4 channel DVR. I think I read that the Sanyo was really good???

Sanyo and CBC make some very cost effective 4 channel DVRs. Some come without any hard drives, so you can add as you need.

Both manufacturers offer embedded systems, so this will be plus for using and not being worried for any updates or otherwise pertinent to Linux or Windows based systems... They are simple to use and easy to program.

Dependent which model you get, you can have them with or without CD burners... I do not like CD burners when I know that I can connect to it locally or remotely and extract what I need and then burn video images on my local computer.

I will send you PM on some options. If interested let me know.