scorpion

Severe computer hacking case!

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto........

.....She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/online-divorcee-jailed-after-killing-virtual-hubby/1259111

This case could set precedense!!

The woman, who is jailed on suspicion of illegally accessing a computer and manipulating electronic data, used his identification and password to log onto........

.....She has not yet been formally charged, but if convicted could face a prison term of up to five years or a fine up to $5,000.

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/online-divorcee-jailed-after-killing-virtual-hubby/1259111

This case could set precedense!!

In Japan.

It's hardly hacking if she HAD his password. Especially when he gave it to her! Thats what I read in an article online.

If she was in the US, the most she could be punished for is cyber bullying.

Remember, Japan has WAY different laws than we do.

Personally, I have no sympathy for the guy. If your dumb enough to give someone your password, then you deserved to have your online character killed.

It's insane what the media calls HACKING. They just do it to sell news.

Knowing, guessing or using security questions to gain access is not hacking. It's breaking in, but not hacking.

Hashing a hexidecimal memory dump and decoding the password is hacking.

Using a backend brute force tool to try the most common 1500000 passwords without tripping the max attempt switch. That is hacking.

The real hackers are usually smart enough to not get caught, so you don't hear about the really intelligent hacks that go on.

I guess the concept of getting hacked causes great fear and therefore people buy more newspapers and other media.

You would be surprised how many "mechanical" key loggers I find attached to computers.

Cheating husbands, and cheating wifes, and those going through a divorce. I guess that looks like job security for me.