joel

need to get it right

Hello everyone,

Newbie here and need some help. We breed and train Labrador Retrievers and need a system to watch the female dogs when they are ready to have pups. I have tried the eBay route and tried putting as system together myself, only marginal success. So I am caving and asking directions. I would like to go wireless and have about 180 feet of distance with 3 wooden walls in between, I did get a DSS1000 system to work marginally, but had to reinstall and lost the serial number. I currently have (system 1) a Trendnet TV-IP100W camera, a Hawking HSB2 Signal Booster and (system2) a DSS 4 camera system setup I bought on eBay that I lost the serial number to (no help from seller). WE have a Dell 500SC Prentium 3 server running XP Pro or Win2003 that we can dedicate - can I get there from here??

Hello everyone,

I would like to go wireless and have about 180 feet of distance with 3 wooden walls in between, I did get a DSS1000 system to work marginally, but had to reinstall and lost the serial number. I currently have (system 1) a Trendnet TV-IP100W camera, a Hawking HSB2 Signal Booster and (system2) a DSS 4 camera system setup I bought on eBay that I lost the serial number to (no help from seller). WE have a Dell 500SC Prentium 3 server running XP Pro or Win2003 that we can dedicate - can I get there from here??

As soon as I saw that the DSS1000 then I defered from posting as PC based DVRs are not my forte.

Trendnet TV-IP100W is a an internet camera, and I defer to those who know those systems better.

The DSS 4 Camera System looks like something that you should be able to set up with no problem except that you requested wireless.

As soon as you requested wireless then this is where everybody ran for the hills!

One of the most difficult thing to accomplish is analog wireless. You said that you are penetrating three walls. This would be the limit of most 2.4Ghz analog cameras. I assume you are talking about a barn to some degree, and you may get better distance as you do not have a lot of interference with 2.4 Ghz telephones, and 802.11 signals.

The IP camera is the best bet as it is a digital signal rather than a analog signal, and it can carry better.

Why is it that you cannot run wires?

These products are not what you would find in an installers "tool box" so we are kind of out of the loop with those. You will have to wait for the home "do it yourselfer" who has the experience with those products.

The problem here is that most DIY people get their answers, and then we do not hear from them until the next "crisis" so you may have a long wait for someone who has used those exact components!

http://scorpiontheater.com/wireless.aspx

http://scorpiontheater.com/wifi.aspx

You might want to try a 900MHz wireless system. The lower the frequency, the less interference from objects in the way like wood walls, trees, etc. so 900MHz may work better for your application than 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz systems.