audiorum

HELP WITH MODULATOR!!!

I have digital cable modulator by Logenex. When I connect it between main cable from provide (Rogers Canada) and all Tv's in the house sometimes I'm getting kind of distortion on all cable channels. Screen sort of freezes for few seconds and then it goes again. Cameras though shows fine. Every TV has digital box and I modulate it to channel 998 what is special channel. PLEASE HELP ASAP !!!

There are to many variables that can cause you to have distortion.

First the two systems have to merge at the same level. In other words you need to have some kind of variable amp from the cable source, and you need a modulator that has a variable signal level. Balancing both of these is real tricky!

It sounds like you have digital cable where the modulated signal may interfere with your cable signal.

Can you run new cables to each TV and connect them to a composite input instead of using the cable feed?

There are to many variables that can cause you to have distortion.

First the two systems have to merge at the same level. In other words you need to have some kind of variable amp from the cable source, and you need a modulator that has a variable signal level. Balancing both of these is real tricky!

It sounds like you have digital cable where the modulated signal may interfere with your cable signal.

Can you run new cables to each TV and connect them to a composite input instead of using the cable feed?

unfortunately it's impossible. I have to use modulator . for some reason I can not post link here but brand is Logenex and model is :SCFM-59

I agree. Try a lower channel. The dig boxes are going thru data starvation. That causes a freeze or macro-blocking in the picture. Digital cable all but HAS to be on RG6 cable. The high freq. of the digital broadcast actually skims along the outside of the center core. Smaller cable just doesn't have the surface area to carry all that's broadcast these days. Also, if there is too much of a bend in the cable, those freqs just get bounced back to the main feed.

If you're modulating on a high freq, you may be just adding to the pile of freqs already there. A lower freq. may not require as much power and MAY not interfere with the digital cable channels. You might even consider another amp for the CATV.