qman

Dedicated Micros ECO4

Has anyone used this model yet?

I tried it today, it was on a small store that a family member took over, it's not bad, but has no real features on it.

We have one running 24/7 and it's had no problems yet. Good resolution and motion detection, good web viewer over internet, (internet explorer) emails on alarm (that should have more options). Should have the option to email a series of images also, rather than one per alarm event. Overall pretty good, but I'd prefer an internal copy-to-DVD/CD... has SCSI for external CD recorder.

For the price, there may be better choices...

costs more than the Kalatel StoreSafe, which has more features and a more advanced network software. Ive used the Eco4 also, nice little unit, and for the size it is impressive, but too many drawbacks for us to use it on this side of the globe. If I was in the UK it would be different. It is however, alot better than the cheap 4 channel OEM DVRs I have tried so far.

Rory

Uhm, rory?

Better than the cheapones? man, the recording quality is not so great, and it's a pain in the ass to even find out how to view the recordings, it took me a little while to figure it out, plus come on, even the "cheap taiwanesse" DVR's, how you like to call them have a remote control, which is nice if you have the unit tucked in somewhere.

A remote keypad is better IR remotes only work line of site.

I said the cheap 4 channel DVRs I have tested so far. I dont know, I was there for 5 minutes and was playing back recorded video ... in the menu system, etc.

At least the DM doesnt lock up on playback over the network though ... havent tested a cheap one yet that hasnt ..

Hmmm... eco4 has a full remote-control via network (go with wireless bridge even) Has web viewing using no client software, has client s/w also for better net viewing & configuring, and another client program for every configuration change you could possibly program at the unit. If you set the thing up on a network, you really never need to visit the actual box again to make any change.

Recordings bad??? Puzzling... I bet they had the settings at a lower quality & frame rate to save disk space..?

No audio, copy to cd only via SCSI, total 30fps.. prices via PM's or email.... I'd go with Kalatel. You'll get more for the money...

Hmmm... eco4 has a full remote-control via network (go with wireless bridge even) Has web viewing using no client software, has client s/w also for better net viewing & configuring, and another client program for every configuration change you could possibly program at the unit. If you set the thing up on a network, you really never need to visit the actual box again to make any change.

Recordings bad??? Puzzling... I bet they had the settings at a lower quality & frame rate to save disk space..?

No audio, copy to cd only via SCSI, total 30fps.. prices via PM's or email.... I'd go with Kalatel. You'll get more for the money...

yeah I only had a few minutes to test it, but i was all in the programming, and watching playback, quality looked same as kalatel. Ived used their software so I know how that is, not bad, kinda pretty, could be better but still, was my first choice before I used Kalatel.

Please PM me with a price (dealer price) thanks. Still a nice little neat unit.

though, Kalatel now has the Digia, any reviews on that? I heard about it on here actually, price is not that bad, for the name, but question would be, does it still use Wave Reader?

thanks

rory