xxlivevilgxx

DS2 Hardrive upgade?

Hi i have a Dedicated micro sprite 2 a model DS2AC DX16c-320GB

it has 2 160gb hard drives in i woule like to put 2 500gb drives in is this unit capable of handling 2 500gb drives? and what would be the easiest way of setting it up i know how to add drives on a pc ect i have been on the course from DM but i cant for the life of me remember, could i just use norton ghost to clone the master drive to the new master drive and the same with the slave? so i have the right config and fat32 format? thanks for any help

If you have been on the course, which is a very good one by the way, then you have the service supprt from DM aswell. Just give them a ring and they will talk you through it as you have already been trained.

You can ghost the master and just insert the second drive as a non partitioned slave. You can set the storage and event parameters in the DS2 menus so it uses both drives for storage.

If you PM me your email address I have a DM Technical sheet for changing the hard drives in these units. I can't upload it as it is a 2mb PDF file

Hi i have a Dedicated micro sprite 2 a model DS2AC DX16c-320GB

it has 2 160gb hard drives in i woule like to put 2 500gb drives in is this unit capable of handling 2 500gb drives? and what would be the easiest way of setting it up i know how to add drives on a pc ect i have been on the course from DM but i cant for the life of me remember, could i just use norton ghost to clone the master drive to the new master drive and the same with the slave? so i have the right config and fat32 format? thanks for any help

Buy new IDE Hard Drives format the drive/s to fat32 using maxblast software £0 free downlod,and a usb to ide converter £20 and then copy the bootload files from the dedicated micros website for your correct model and version of DVR onto the master drive. Set 2 nd drive as a slave, then connect the two new drives back to the DVR and switch on. DONE..........