scorpion

Converter needed

It is a real product!

There lies the problem. Peek a Boo gets their products from Eclipse as well.

Eclipse no longer carries this product. Yes I can call every Vendor who still has one in stock, but then what?

I am trying to be proactive rather than reactive. I want to find a like product where I can replace it.

Actually it is not for me. Another Dealer is asking, and I thought I would help him out.

Perhaps it is time for the customer to retire the hard-wired PTZ's.

Survtech makes a good point and I'm beginning to get the picture. The associate has a large stock of non-Pelco conforming PTZs and wants to use them with cheaper DVRs that only recognize Pelco D (or vice-versa?).

This is a little off subject, but I have to share the fact I've recently installed a Wonwoo WSJ-300 PTZ and was delighted to discover that it had a multi-protocol "auto sense" setting. All that I needed to do was set the baud rate/parity and it just works given that it receives one of a long list of protocols it recognizes. This could solve the problem of having a DVR and PTZ joystick controller that don't share a common protocol. For instance, I have an older Pelco KBD300a controller that only speaks Pelco P. The Wonwoo PTZ could work with this controller and a Pelco D (yes, "D" also works at 4800 baud) only DVR at the same time. Slick.

-dw