gabiene

avc760 video server E vs. videoviewer software

Hi all,

I have a AVC760Z(EU)-B and a few questions

The DVR came with video server E and there was no way to setup a motion record schedule (because the feature was not available).I’m interested to save the alarm motion files not snapshots.

I recently bought a avc760ZA that has a different software, called Videoviewer.

When I use videoviewer with AVC760Z (the old one) I have one problem. All the files saved from record setting (it doesn’t matter if is manual, schedule, motion or alarm) have a black image; If I convert the file to avi the image remains black. The backup files are fine. I don’t have this problem with avc760ZA (the new one).

I was thinking to update the firmware but there is no firmware available on AVTECH website

Any ideas?

Thank you

Gabe

You are just the person that I want to speak with.

The second DVR that you have is transmitting over the internet with MPEG, and the older DVR is transmitting in JPEG.

Is the first DVR in FRAME, or CIF mode?

I am testing the Video Viewer because it can control multiple DVRs.

I have tested the viewer on some DVRs. Some I have just the IP address, and the default password, but I do not know what kind of DVR it is, and what settings they are in. Without permission then I do not go in to menu as they can see me going through the menu on the monitor.

I know the Video Viewer works on older DVRs such as the AVC 761. It should work on the AVC 760, but I have not tested one yet.

Here is where you come in! I need to find out if it can be done in CIF, or only in FRAME. FRAME is MPEG, and CIF is JPEG. Can you connect to the older DVR in FRAME and CIF and let me know how it goes?

WIth black video then this may be another problem, but I do not know what it is. Are you saying that the video are fine when downloaded to your computer, but then when you go to view the files that are on your computer you are having this problem, or is this a problem just connecting the viewer to your older DVR?

Are you hooked up to a computer directly with a cable, or through a router?

Are you viewing locally, or from somewhere else?

If you would like to know more about you DVR then go here:

http://scorpiontheater.com/cpcamtechsupport.aspx

http://scorpiontheater.com/troubleshooting.aspx

Thanks for your help!

I run everything on a local network. I tried both Frame and CIF mode with AVC760Z and I got the same results (video clip image is black)

If I want to change the Stream Format to MPEG4 the DVR can’t save the change (I clicked Apply but at the next login the stream format is jpeg- see the attached files)

I can give you a call but I’m 7 hours ahead; I’ll be in the office till 12am EST. Just send me your phone # at gabieneatexcitedotcom and I’ll send you and invitation to remotely connect to my PC.

Thanks,

Gabe

configure.JPG.764a69e67f862bc5c9006e17c9e7160c.JPG

874508158_serversetting.JPG.571968721d00f87e26ce222b748906b8.JPG

When connecting to the older DVR then it will not transmit over the internet in MPEG, as it can only transmit in JPEG. The DVR can record in MPEG.

Last night I tested an older 760, and it was in CIF mode and it connected fine with the Video Viewer. I could not make changes with the SERVER SETTINGS as it was shaded out and I could not select it.

That will be my next issue to resolve.

If the video is black then I wonder if it is a router problem of some sort?

Hey! Can I steal your pics and put them on my website?

Can you give me a pic of the Misc Control and the Video Viewer?

It would be appreciated.

Edited by Guest

Do you think a firmware update will solve my problem?

The video is black ONLY when comes from SERVER SETTINGS (Alarm. motion etc) otherwise is fine

Do you know other software that will do? I need to record just the motion when happen

Thanks

1248099677_VideoViewer.jpg.6897ea4218fec44fcacb9b5c3883d330.jpg

1459719122_MiscControl.jpg.9843310832379e411813fb17dfc1c932.jpg

No.

I do not know what to say to relate the firmware issue.

How about I go way off with an analogy:

You have some kind of a computer problem. Switching from Windows XP to Vista will not solve your problem because you still have a computer problem.

Yes firmware may fix your problem, but your DVR should work with an older firmware before it will work with a newer firmware.

I do not know if there is a chip that has failed inside your DVR that is giving you this problem or what it may be.

Is the DVR under warranty, and can you take it back for an exchange?

Last night I tested an older 760, and it was in CIF mode and it connected fine with the Video Viewer. I could not make changes with the SERVER SETTINGS as it was shaded out and I could not select it.

That will be my next issue to resolve.

The AVC 760 has to have supervisor rights, or the highest user setting.

This goes for EclipseCCTV's new DVR the MaxPro 4.

This is the same for AVTech DR 040.

fOR REMOTE OPERATION SEE TABLE:

http://scorpiontheater.com/nubix4st.aspx

You are just the person that I want to speak with.

The second DVR that you have is transmitting over the internet with MPEG, and the older DVR is transmitting in JPEG.

Is the first DVR in FRAME, or CIF mode?

I am testing the Video Viewer because it can control multiple DVRs.

I have tested the viewer on some DVRs. Some I have just the IP address, and the default password, but I do not know what kind of DVR it is, and what settings they are in. Without permission then I do not go in to menu as they can see me going through the menu on the monitor.

I know the Video Viewer works on older DVRs such as the AVC 761. It should work on the AVC 760, but I have not tested one yet.

Here is where you come in! I need to find out if it can be done in CIF, or only in FRAME. FRAME is MPEG, and CIF is JPEG. Can you connect to the older DVR in FRAME and CIF and let me know how it goes?

WIth black video then this may be another problem, but I do not know what it is. Are you saying that the video are fine when downloaded to your computer, but then when you go to view the files that are on your computer you are having this problem, or is this a problem just connecting the viewer to your older DVR?

Are you hooked up to a computer directly with a cable, or through a router?

Are you viewing locally, or from somewhere else?

If you would like to know more about you DVR then go here:

ht tp: / /scorpiontheater.c om/cpcamtechsupport.a spx

ht tp: //scorpiontheater.c om/troubleshooting.a spx

Thanks for your help!

hello to all according to my first post..

i wanna say a big THANK YOU to scorpion for his very helpful site. it helps me in a lot of things that avtech website do not..

second i want to say a big SORRY for my very bad (Greek) English..

i had the same issue that you are talking here..

i just buy an old avc 760Z-B (European) that writes frame in m-jpeg format, and cif in mpeg format..

AVC DVR sofware came with video server E in version 1.0.6.6 and i install it successfully.

and from this point begins my story.....

i m a dealer - installer and in the past i used for some kpd 604 and 608 dvrs the VideoViewer..

so i had to my pc VideoViewer version 0.0.9.3

English always..

i try to open my avc with both programs and everything seems to be fine.

but when i download to my pc (i run win xp pro english) some videofiles in M-JPEG format from my avc 760, and try to open them with the default Video server E, i took a black screen!

i try with videoviewer also.. the same..

as gabiene said, when im trying to convert them in avi format, the result stills the same!

ok, i said.. maybe is a conflict about the new and different versions of video player E (1.0.6.6)and VideoViewer (0.0.9.3)..

because both programs have the VideoPlayer.exe on the install folder inside them..

i search to internet, and i found your site!

i was sooo happy...

thanks to you i download the latest version of this (0.0.99). (i thing avtech is sleeping..)

thought that this could solve the issue..

i remove the old one (0.0.9.3) and install the (0.0.99)

i see the properties of each VideoPlayer.exe in the two folders (video server E install folder and VideoViewer install folder) and the file version was different!!

as i told you, i had a M-JPEG file (USER_MJPEG_090128T041538_UR.vse was its name) and i tried open it with both versions of VideoPlayer.exe..

and i had another issue!

always the same message:

"this version dont supports this format" (or something like that..)

at least with the older installed version of videoplayer, i saw black screen..

now, only this message!

i search over the internet.. nothing found..

but i saw something in the video server E install folder..

there was a file with name Videoplayer_setup.exe

with version 1.0.5.9

the same version with the last videoplayer.exe..

whats this!? what is this use for..? i already have the same version of videoplayer.exe..

so, whats this all about?!

ok.. i wil run it!

and when i run it it starts to insalling videoplayer in a unique folder! (C:\Program Files\DVR Videoplayer) !!!

Cmooon!

i have already two videoplayer.exe! each one in VideoViewer and Video Server E folders!

why i need a third one?!!!

anyway i install it..

when it finishes it opens a box that wants me to put an M-JPEG file in it..

i try my USER_MJPEG_090128T041538_UR.vse file and....!!!!!!

VICTORY!!!

I HAVE VIDEO FROM M-JPEG FORMAT!

but... the problem isnt finish...

the other two videoplayer exe still does not open the file..

so i make this:

i COPY all the files and folders (including videoplayer.exe) from the C:\Program Files\DVR Videoplayer

and i paste it both in the place were is videoplayer.exe.

first in C:\Program Files\Video Server E

second in C:\Program Files\VideoViewer\videoPlayer

i replace all files, even the bmp folder and...

EVERYTHING works now!

you can see the files and folders that i have replace, in this photo:

i hope someones gonna help this...

thanks again!

p.s. sorry but because of the paste, i didnt remember the older version of videoplayer.exe...

now i have in all (3) folders the 1.0.5.9

Edited by Guest

the forum rules dont allow me to post links and images yet..

but this is not spam..

the link is: h t tp : / / im g 403.im age sh ack. u s/ im g403 /2083 /videoviewerdq3. jp g

without the spaces..

Hi Scopion, I recently bought AVTech 791 H.264 4-Channels DVR. I have problem setting up the Network to access remotely when I followed the instruction in the manuals. Could I ask whther you could email me a step-by-step instruction on how to setup the network. Thank you alot for your reply.