Hey all,

A few years back my company purchased a PC-based DVR system with an Eyemax capture card and software. Recently my DVR server's HDD crashed and I replaced it and had to re-solder a bracket on the mobo to hold down a heat sink. Not a big deal and not particularly relevant to this post but I did get the machine back up and running.

I emailed Eyemax and they sent me the user name and pw to download the software.

My question/comment is this: I'm not a big fan of the Eyemax software. I cannot get remote clients to be able to pick up the stream. I have configured my Cisco ASA to allow incoming connections (I'm Cisco certified so I know how to allow/disallow incoming connections, configure NAT policies, etc). When a remote client tries to connect to my DVR server, it prompts for a user name and pw and the little panel appears but then nothing else happens. The server even rejects the uid and pw.

Is there any other software that is compatible with the Eyemax card? It's a 4-channel card and I have tried a few other trialware software editions but nothing seems to be compatible.

Any thoughts?

you have to make the server address a trusted site and download the active x controls fronm the dvr also. Hope this gets you started on the right track

I've done all those things, my friend. Thank you.

Is there any other software compatible with the Eyemax 4-channel capture card?

The capture cards are and software are matched pairs to speak. I am not sure why you are having problems I have over 100 in the field with no connection problem. What version software are you running? I have one more thought but will post the answer in open view but will send you a pm.

Hey all,

A few years back my company purchased a PC-based DVR system with an Eyemax capture card and software. Recently my DVR server's HDD crashed and I replaced it and had to re-solder a bracket on the mobo to hold down a heat sink. Not a big deal and not particularly relevant to this post but I did get the machine back up and running.

I emailed Eyemax and they sent me the user name and pw to download the software.

My question/comment is this: I'm not a big fan of the Eyemax software. I cannot get remote clients to be able to pick up the stream. I have configured my Cisco ASA to allow incoming connections (I'm Cisco certified so I know how to allow/disallow incoming connections, configure NAT policies, etc). When a remote client tries to connect to my DVR server, it prompts for a user name and pw and the little panel appears but then nothing else happens. The server even rejects the uid and pw.

Is there any other software that is compatible with the Eyemax card? It's a 4-channel card and I have tried a few other trialware software editions but nothing seems to be compatible.

Any thoughts?

I had similar issues with the pre 9000 series Eyemax cards which I believe were manufactured by a different vendor than the Magic Radar cards Eyemax now uses.

I can't recall if it was the Ajax or the Juno I had issues with, but it was using a browser rather than a remote client to connect.

I resolved it by pointing the browser to http://ipaddress/nanoweb.html

I don't know if this is relevant or not, but it may be worth a try.

Doug