bibox

remote viewing for multiple DVRs (port forwarding)

hi experts,

Would you please guide me on this situation. I have 3 DVRs connected in a LAN(regardless of either PC based or standalone) with internet. To be able to view it in WAN(regardless of static ip or DDNS) without any special software just using a web browser i need to assign individual port and ip for each DVR right?

example:

DVR1 192.168.1.100 port 6000

DVR2 192.168.1.101 port 6001

DVR3 192.168.1.102 port 6002

so to view it:

let say my static ip = 202.160.55.90 or DDNS = dvr.selfip.com

for DVR1 it should be 202.160.55.90:6000 or dvr.selfip.com:6000

and so on....

my point here is if my customer is not a techy person and he does not want to put any number(such as port) and he just want to type a URL that is easy to memorize(that's why internet is using DNS server).

since we can create multiple account in DDNS like dyndns,

is it possible to use a DDNS that has the purpose like port forwarding?

another thing, each DVR has its own DDNS configuration.

please tell me if its possible or if there's any other method that has the same purpose of what i need? without using special software like CMS thing.

im also a newbie here. and i also would like to know if i can assign same IP in all these 3 DVRs and have different ports for port forwading.

thanx a lot in advance.

Depends on which DNS you're using, DynDns doesn't have a port redirect for the free accounts.

I use no-ip.com and setup the DNS as a port redirect and it works great.

This has only been done on PC systems where I have the client update running, never tried it on any standalones.

P.S. There is no need to setup the DNS in the DVR's, use the settings in the router for the DNS and make sure your ports are forwarded properly.

Actually, dyndns does let you port forward.. sort of. You set up a dyndns host (mystuff.dyndns.biz), then you can use the Webhop to create another url that includes the port (webhop.yada.yada will point top http://mystuff.dyndns.biz:6000). I've got for my stuff my dyndns hostname, plus two seperate webhops pointing to different ports. Try that