VST_Man

Decent Day Night IP Camera

I'm looking for replacement camera that will deliver detailed pictures for use at a Gated Community type gates. I normally provide 2 options for the Owners....midranged system that captures "usable" pics using analog vandal domes and the second is a better system that gets details. Almost always, the Owner(s) go with the cheap choice over the more expensive.

I am feeling more comfortable with moving my midranged system from analog upto a mixture of IP cams and anaog. the more expensive system would be strictly NVR & IP

My question is this; what is a decent midranged IP camera with POE?

Read on.................

- Arecont is top in my eyes, but expensive. I use the 3130 and have been very happy with the results.

- axis is midranged BUT, most cameras have issues with Night pics. ie. blurring of pic in low light. I have to be careful where I install it based on lighting concerns.

New Stuff........

-Vivotek IP7142 has caught my eye........has anyone used it yet? It's not mega pixel but it is advertised as the best IP Day/Night camera available of this type.

-Axis 209MFD is also advertised as a goodDay/Night MEGAPIXEL with progressive scan.low light? Blurring? Hard to say without demoing one first. Plus, it is a ceiling mount....can it be mounted on a wall also? I don't think so........under a eve? How does it handle low light and blurring?

There are others out there but I need to stay within the DVR/NVR IP Camera compatability lists..........so that narrows down the availability.

Anywho, comments welcomed. I think I will purchase a Vivotek 7142 to test.......anyone have one I can view via remote????

Thanks inadvance.................

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

There are others out there but I need to stay within the DVR/NVR IP Camera compatability lists..........so that narrows down the availability.

Which list are u talking about ? Aver ?