PB S5

Averdigi EB1304 NET - viewing on computer

Hi,

Im a complete beginner and have set up cctv on my house. I have got a dvr that is capable to view my cctv over the net but havent got a clue how to set up.

So far i have plugged the ethernet cable into my wireless internet box but dont know where to start and the intructions dont help at all.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks people

Try posting more information such as type of connection, router, modem, or you could look at postings that others already have done, Scorpion has a lot of information already posted too.

Try posting more information such as type of connection, router, modem, or you could look at postings that others already have done, Scorpion has a lot of information already posted too

RickA saying something nice about Scorpion????

I had to reach down beside my compute chair, and feel the ground to see if it was still warm! I thought someplace had just froze over!

This should give you the screenshots that you need. What port do you need?

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Siemens/GigasetSE587/Gadspot_IP_Camera.htm

I cant get into the settings for the router - the password and username must be different.

Not sure why - i have never changed them.

There is a place on the router where you can do a reset. It will be a small hole somewhere. You can take a ball point pen, and push it in the hole to reset it.

This should set it for default user, and password. Then you can reset everything.

Do an ipconfig to check your gateway numbers to get in to the router.

I am into the router config now, what do i type into the boxes?

Operation, Interface, Protocal, Public port, Local port, local IP????

What do i do after this??

Thank you very much for your help

Are you saying that everything is blank?

What tab are you on?

Are you saying that you cannot use the link that was provided to give you a step by step sequence in setting up your port forward?

Who set up your router originally?

Operation, Interface, Protocal, Public port, Local port, local IP????

ipwan tcp 80 80 my local ip

is this correct??

what do i do when this is saved??

if everything is set according to the router manual, and the port foward screen shot then your router is good to go!

Manual:

http://uk-tiscali.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/uk_tiscali.cfg/php/enduser/fattach_adp.php?p_sid=KQLpQtkj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_tbl=9&p_id=719&p_created=1207140947&p_olh=0&p_faqid=719&p_topview=1

You will need to have a friend use his computer to see if he can see your DVR on the internet.

Other wise you will have to see if a box was not checked or something.

You can check it locally if your laptop can connect to a wireless router (someone else's router) that is not security protected, or the neighbor will give you the key for testing.

You cannot go out on to the internet and come back in with the same router it will not work.

On your local lan you can watch your DVR.

You cannot from the same router watch your DVR over the internet.

If you do a ipchicken.com and it comes up 72.189.166.14 you cannot put that as you DVR address. You can only use the 192.168.1.100 address.

Once you get outside of your router, or in other words go next door to your neighbors house and use his computer then you use the 72.189.166.14 address to watch you DVR.

Us technitions carry a laptop with a cellular card so that we can test the DVR internet connections, or if they do not have a cellular card then they check the wireless connections in the neighborhood, and they use a wireless connection that is wide open (meaning that you do not have to use a key to use it).