jakazz1023

How to use Video out on GV-1480

I have GV-1480 with 16 cameras... I purchased a 42" TV and have mounted it at front of store, so customers can see themselves walk-in...typical application at many businesses..

I'm currently using the Video-Out of the GV Card... the single yellow connector...Display works, but it will show whatever camera view I choose on the software. So if I switch to backroom, the TV also switches to backroom... So my monitor output of PC is basically same as video out of GV card.

Can I set up GV to display one view out of the Video-out, and seperately run "Multicam V8.12" on PC monitor?

Yes, you can use the DSP (the tv out on the 1480) as a 'spot monitor' so it can display the camera of your choice, whilst you can view what you want on the pc screen.

Its in the geo manual under 'DSP spot monitor controller' where it explains how to enable it, and what it does.

Yeah - I replied in that thread also. Option 1) would be an inline video amplifier to take care of the darkness, or 2) (Which I may be testing this weekend) scrape off the 75 ohm resistor on the Geo Board for that channel which will increase its brighness as well. The dark GEO thing really ticks me off too.

Has anybody used the loop out card?

After I test my resistor removal on a GV800, I will post the results in a separate thread. Would be nice to replace the resistors with DIP switches.

Are you listening Geovision?

Holy Crap! It works great! Scraped off the resistor for cam 16 (and accidentally cam 15) and can split off those channels perfectly now (no darkness)!

Looped one cam to inputs 14 and 15 (15 minus the 75 ohm resistor) picture is perfect.

Looped same cam to inputs 13 and 14 (both with 75 ohm resistors - normal) image gets really dark.

Only problem is, you now need to use an external T with a 75 ohm terminator if you ever want to use that channel normally again (i.e. not split)

Going to make a youtube video on how it works with results over the weekend.

I love being able to make these cards do whatever the heck we want them to.

Note: I am sure this voids the hell out of the warranty