Arockerdude

How Can I Display Six Cameras Live View On One 32" LCD

I have a Geovision 800 system with 6 cameras hooked up. My Geovisin 800 does not have live view so I am going to split my cables at the dongle into two. Now what I need to know is what device do I need to hook the six cameras into one AV input at the live view monitor so that I can view all six cameras at one time? I have seen some switcher boxes on EBay but they seem to only switch between cameras. What component do I need to view all 6 cameras at one time? Thanks for the help. Dave

Your cameras will only be feeding composite video into the multiplexor (aka MUX), so there's no benefit to S-video out from it.

MUXes typically come in 4, 9, and 16-channel versions, so if you want six cameras, you're probably looking at a 9-channel model. Since you're only viewing, you can get away with a "simplex" type MUX; if you can find a duplex or triplex type for the same price, that's fine, but you don't need to pay and more for the extra functions.

Plug in a tv cable feed, or hook up a DVD player to fill in the boxes, or loop out and back in to another channel. It will look goofy with the same camera view repeated.

Is it possibe to display Six cameras only? With out having the blank spaces? Thanks Dave

Umm, sort of... some 9-channel-or-higher MUXes will have an option to display one large image at the top-left, and 5 more across the bottom and right side. picture a 3x3 grid, with the top-left four squares combined to one large square.

Or do like Scorpion suggests and feed something else to the other inputs.

Problem is, there's no way to evenly fit six images in one frame of the same relative dimensions (ie. 4:3) without stretching them pretty horribly.

I like to show a quad, and take the two most sensitive cameras, and let them be hidden.

I am thinking out of sight, out of mind if you are hiding them from employees, or customers.

Can you spare to hide two cam views?

You could purchase Geovisions GV-DSP-8 card. It piggy backs with the GV800 and has a single RCA output to your TV.

I have used many of them. Very good product.

Another option would be to upgrade the GV card to a GV1120-8. This combo card already has the RCA style output.