kt00

'old schooler' PTZ (DIN 5pole connector) - how to connect?

Hello,

i just got a ptz controller you can see on the picture but it has some very old standard connectors. One 5 pole DIN for iris, zoom and focus and an other one with 6pin for the directions.

So my question is that are there any speed domes with these connectors? Can someone please show me one? Most of the dvrs and speed domes i saw has RS485. Is there a converter or something for this? For what cameras can i use this controller? I just dont know where to connect these wires...

Thank You! (& sorry for the errors, im not a native english speaker)

ptz_conn_mosaic.thumb.gif.d4856922787c89789301e7f00d23a84a.gif

From the connections, it looks like this control box just sends the switch and button connections out to the camera directly. That is to say, there are no smarts in this box. The motors to move the camera are sent voltage directly.

What really scares me, is the output to the control motors is 220VAC. This cannot be run via low voltage wiring, and it would blow out any current camera.

Yup, looks like its one for the big mains voltage pan/tilt heads, like the dennard 2000 type. They are big, heavy beasts that run of the mains. You send mains to whichever motor you wish to activate causing it to either pan or tilt. A normal camera would be bolted onto the movable head usually inside a encloser, optional with lights etc bolted on (they can take a lot of weight, as they really are heavy duty)

Do not attempt to connect this to a normal camera/dome..

Hi Mate id say dont even bother using it its one of these cheap ones of ebay and will more than likely kill you or your equipment. Id recomend gettin some proffesional kit. Also if its a dome your gonna need something that outputs the same protocol what dome are you using please?