MarquetteDominos

Replacing system with more cams...

Ok. So we are upgrading from a 6ch to a 16ch dvr. We will be using a GE SymDec16-2t DVR. Currently we have 6 Sharp ccd dome cameras. I believe they are 320 lines.

I have a budget of around 1500 to either replace everything or just buy 10 more cams. I want 5 outdoor (currently have just 1). The rest are indoors. No runs over 100'. I do not need PTZ. I have no problem buying used if I have to. I would prefer them to have night vision. Doesn't have to be great.

I am looking for suggestions for my budget.

Thanks in advance....

Is that 1500 U.S. dollars? Does that $1500 include the DVR because if so you've already gone over budget without even looking at cameras.

Even if you just add 10 cameras and no DVR by the time you figure cost of cable, connectors, power supplies, time etc.....I wouldn't expect much from the way of quality with a budget in that range.

I guess what I am saying is look around for no name import budget package deals. Your bound to find something in the $2k - $2500 range but $1500 good luck.

Sorry I could not be of more help, I don't even think you could get that system from one of those Swann brands box store package deals. You need to re-evaluate what it is you really want to get out of this system and re-adjust your budget. If you're stuck with the budget then go with a smaller upgrade and position your cameras just in those very important spots.

Cheers

I think the weatherproof IR dome cameras and color dome cameras can meet your forsaid requirements, $1500.00 is enough for buying brand new 10pcs such kind of cameras with resolution of "1/3" sony CCD,420TVL" why not consider to buy from China ? due to the crisis, lots of excellent manufacturers are selling their stocks at very low prices.

Good luck!

Ok. So we are upgrading from a 6ch to a 16ch dvr. We will be using a GE SymDec16-2t DVR. Currently we have 6 Sharp ccd dome cameras. I believe they are 320 lines.

I have a budget of around 1500 to either replace everything or just buy 10 more cams. I want 5 outdoor (currently have just 1). The rest are indoors. No runs over 100'. I do not need PTZ. I have no problem buying used if I have to. I would prefer them to have night vision. Doesn't have to be great.

I am looking for suggestions for my budget.

Thanks in advance....