carlton

Wireless Video Transmission

I have 4 Arecont 3130s that are running back to the communications closet of the house. I have them tied into a PoE hub which is running off a PC with an Exacq NVR.

My challenge is that I'd like to transmit video to a remote monitor in the kitchen...and perhaps several other rooms. Unfortunately there's no possible way to run VGA or Coax, so my only option is to figure out how to transmit the video signal via a wireless connection. I've searched the forums, but have been unable to find a thread on this topic. I'm sure this is not that uncommon of a problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Can you access it over your network? Maybe a small computer in the kitchen just to remote into the DVR? If money is no object, you can use some network encoders and decoders. I found this from google. type in wireless vga and see what interests you

I have 4 Arecont 3130s that are running back to the communications closet of the house. I have them tied into a PoE hub which is running off a PC with an Exacq NVR.

My challenge is that I'd like to transmit video to a remote monitor in the kitchen...and perhaps several other rooms. Unfortunately there's no possible way to run VGA or Coax, so my only option is to figure out how to transmit the video signal via a wireless connection. I've searched the forums, but have been unable to find a thread on this topic. I'm sure this is not that uncommon of a problem.

Any help would be much appreciated.

small EeeBox computer ( has wireless N) plus lcd monitor

works very good

Edited by Guest

I would setup a wireless network and use a Samsung Q1 UMPC. You can carry it anywhere in the house.

good idea but 2-3 times cost more money then EeeBox