alpine0000

Suggestion for mini indoor flush mount PTZ

Hey all!

I'm shopping for a PTZ camera for my home. It'll be used indoors, in my living room. (i'll be able to move it around to see my front door, back door, living room, dining room, and part of the kitchen, all from one PTZ!) My cameras now arent complete garbage, but they arent really that great either. I'd consider them lower-end, and I'm slowly trying to replace them with more mid-level stuff that is respectable.

However, I dont want a large intrusive one. I want one on the smaller side, and I'll be flush mounting it in the ceiling, if possible.

Please make some suggestions based on my criteria:

*budget ~$1000 (but am willing to go a bit higher if needed to get what i want, but couldnt see myself paying more than 1400-1500 at the very most for one cam and thats at the absolute top end)

*i would like one that has good night capability, as i often login and monitor my home from the other side of the world, and all the lights are usually out in my house, and its usually night time.

*good resolution (500 lines of res or more)

*reliable

*size more on the compact side than large side

*be able to return to a certain position after a certain amount of time of inactivity (aiming at the back door), and also maybe a few tour modes.

My current equipment is in my sig line.

I was looking into the ICRealtime ICR100X Day & Night Mini PTZ. Obviously, ICRealtime DVRs are very loved on this forum, but not sure if the cameras were in the same boat. Has anybody used this camera? Thoughts on it? Should i steer clear because its 1/4" instead of 1/3" ccd? It looks like it goes for ~$1000 online. Any other suggestions i should consider? Would a full size PTZ give me any better of a picture than a mini PTZ (assuming all other variables are the same)? I know Bosch, Panasonic, and Pelco make some nice stuff, too. I am also looking into the panasonic WV-CS574 and pelco spectra III SD53TC, but i have no experience with any of these cameras

I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Happy new year!

I'd recommend you to have a look at Pelco Spectra Mini though its resolution is 470 TVL in NTSC.

As a dealer of IC Reatltime products, we are pleased with the 100X PTZ.

Once in a while, depending on the frequency and duration of AUTO TOUR, specifically if you use for more than 100+ hours non stop, the camera might just stop at it's last pre-set during the AUTO TOUR until you resend the AUTO TOUR command, which is preset 71!

When determining which PTZ (indoor/outdoor) will best suit your requirements, look at the optics of the camera first, before thinking a 22X will work better vs the 10 X optical.

As a dealer of IC Reatltime products, we are pleased with the 100X PTZ.

Once in a while, depending on the frequency and duration of AUTO TOUR, specifically if you use for more than 100+ hours non stop, the camera might just stop at it's last pre-set during the AUTO TOUR until you resend the AUTO TOUR command, which is preset 71!

When determining which PTZ (indoor/outdoor) will best suit your requirements, look at the optics of the camera first, before thinking a 22X will work better vs the 10 X optical.

Great to know, and thank you for posting! So, would you still recommend this product? Is there anything else youd recommend me taking a look at?

PT 950

I've heard of Telpix, but haven't studied up on them. Are they a respectable company overall for cameras?

---------------

Also, should I be looking more at 1/3" ccd, as opposed to 1/4" ccd? I am willing to go with a slightly larger PTZ dome with a 1/3" ccd if it means a much improved picture quality. but if its something that i'll barely notice, then a smaller dome with 1/4" ccd would be ok.

Additionally, now that I am slowly replacing cameras and adding PTZ's, i know that over the next year I'll spend a few thousand dollars doing this, and I keep wondering if id be better off spending the few thousand dollars on IP cams, or if i should just stick with analogue cams and my current dvr... tough decision!

Well I've been using them for a few years now without any major issues.

I've also had my eye's open for small PTZ's.

Compared to the prices out there I think it's worth using Telpix,

they also have a 470TVL 1/3" Color Sony Super HAD CCD here http://telpix.com/camera/speed/901/

just keep in mind these are indoor.

If you can afford it, I would recommend upgrading to IP Megapixel Cameras,

nothing less than 5MP, you'll be blown away with the difference in the quality.

This one here http://www.avigilon.com/products/cameras-video/#dome

is also available with IR, something I've been waiting to see in IP Camera's. Unfortunately it's to rich for my pocket.