finalsight

Reflection problem

Hi.

I am having a problem with a camera i recently installed. i installed a Honeywell HD73X dome in an underground parking looking at the entrance and the picture has a vast amount of reflection during the day off the concrete and wall just outside the entrance. the picture also has a shadow where the parking starts so i would say half the image is a shaow and half is a bright reflection.

i am under the impression that a wide dynamic range camera can sort this out, but with out having to replace the camera is there prehaps any camera settings i have forgotten to set.

thanks

You are on the right track with the WDR idea. It sounds like you have a high contrast area with the dark shadows and bright reflection, exactly what a WDR camera is made for. By adjusting the back light compensation on your current camera, you could make the bright area darker at the expense of the shadowed area going even darker and vice versa. By switching to a WDR camera the camera will adjust these areas individually. (pixim cameras do it per pixel insted of globally)