BigLebowski

GV-800-4cam, GV-800-8CAM

hi there

I'm installing an 8 cam system (may need 16 in future) and am looking at the GV-800. It's advertised at 120fps.

Am I right in thinking that the GV-800-4cam system provides 30fps max per channel, the GV-800-8cam 15fps per channel etc? The 8 cam card is approx. double the cost of the 4 cam card, so I'd be a bit surprised if it were the case. But if it is the case, I suppose I'm better off buying 2 x 4 cam cards and getting 30fps all round. The 16 channel card is only slighly more expensive than the 8 ch card, which made me think in the first place about the frame rate slowing down. Any feedback appreciated.

Also is it worth going for the gv-2008 if the pc is quite well specced with no other apps running apart from the GV card?

Cheers

Dude

Hi there, if your just looking at the frames per second rate then 15 fps is more than adequate for any normal system, I wouldnt go daft on 15fps unless you have enormous hard drive capacity!

You are correct, it is 120fps divided by the number of channels you are using. The GV-800's are not stackable, you could get 2 GV-2004's and stack them I have some brand new at a good price if you are interested.