clearbox

AVTECH 760 and JPG image via email

Hello:

I have a 4-CH Avtech 760 DVR which I am trying to setup so that I can get jpeg images emailed to me when an event is triggered.

I am getting the emails just fine from the DVR, however, they do not include a .jpg image. Instead I have to login and can view the captured video once I open the .htm file.

The problem with this setup is that it only works with the DVR working and connected to the internet. I want to have a backup image emailed to me in case someone destroys the DVR.

Any help in getting this working would be very appreciated!

HI I've a problem with e-mail sending.My dvr doesn't send e-mail at trigger event's.I've configured with the ip number of my outgoing server mail's, my login, password and the list of receiving mail but it isn't work!!can you help me with your experience?thanks a lot!!

HI I've a problem with e-mail sending.My dvr doesn't send e-mail at trigger event's.I've configured with the ip number of my outgoing server mail's, my login, password and the list of receiving mail but it isn't work!!can you help me with your experience?thanks a lot!!

I have exactly the same problem with my 761. I figured out that 1 option "Alarm" is not in my software if you compare it to the manual, but I can't find any updates for the firmware... So you can configure ftp/mail, but you cannot configure the files he has to send.

I already replaced the unit with a newer one, with exactly the same problem.

Anybody an idea?

I am even thinking of digging in the source code, but as I didn't program anything the last 12 years, I am not too eager to start with that...

Thanks in advance,

Hello:

I have a 4-CH Avtech 760 DVR which I am trying to setup so that I can get jpeg images emailed to me when an event is triggered.

I am getting the emails just fine from the DVR, however, they do not include a .jpg image. Instead I have to login and can view the captured video once I open the .htm file.

The problem with this setup is that it only works with the DVR working and connected to the internet. I want to have a backup image emailed to me in case someone destroys the DVR.

Any help in getting this working would be very appreciated!

Sorry to hear that others are having the same problem with this DVR and sending pictures via email. I was really hoping someone was able to figure out the problem.

This is a great DVR otherwise and I will keep mine even if it cannot send me the pictures via email.

As for the poster who is having the issue with sending emails. The email server you mentioned - is this your private server?

Most ISP's block port 25 on outgoing emails. Be sure you use your ISP's email account when sending email. That's what I had to do on mine. Otherwise, if you are trying to setup a gmail account or something like that - you can forget it. Your emails won't go out.

I have never set any FTPs as customers want budget, or they are allready IP knowledgable, and they do it themselves.

I am not going to be much help with this post.

As for Gmail I found some of this, and that, and kept a page for it.

Do you see anything usable from this info, or should I delete this page?

http://scorpiontheater.com/gmailsmtp.aspx

Thomas posted here:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14817

http://lifehacker.com/software/email-apps/how-to-use-gmail-as-your-smtp-server-111166.php

Regarding the port 25 blocking. I have been working with a AVC760 and have been success at having triggers send emails via my personnel verzion email account, but my corporate account and gmail do not work. The IT guy at my corporate office indicates that our corporate ISP uses port 26 instead of 25.

Is there a way to get the DVR to try a different port?

Or has anyone else successfully setup a gmail account to send emails from an AVTech 760?

And finally does anyone know if it would be possible to have the router (the dvr goes through a D-Link consumer grade router) to redirect the dvrs port 25 to port 26?

Thanks

Sorry to hear that others are having the same problem with this DVR and sending pictures via email. I was really hoping someone was able to figure out the problem.

This is a great DVR otherwise and I will keep mine even if it cannot send me the pictures via email.

As for the poster who is having the issue with sending emails. The email server you mentioned - is this your private server?

Most ISP's block port 25 on outgoing emails. Be sure you use your ISP's email account when sending email. That's what I had to do on mine. Otherwise, if you are trying to setup a gmail account or something like that - you can forget it. Your emails won't go out.

I am even thinking of digging in the source code, but as I didn't program anything the last 12 years, I am not too eager to start with that...

Unless you've hacked into Avtech's corporate network, I suspect you

mean object code, not source code. I too was considering trying

to look at the object code for the PC-based server to try to figure

out why I can't see the 'auto switch to alarm' option. That option

is actually present in the executable; it's just not being shown.

I think i have some answers for you:

1) You cannot redirect port 25 to port 26. This redirection works only for remote users who are requesting Web or FTP services through the WAN and are directed to local servers in the LAN. So, it cannot work for SMTP transfer...

2)You cannot setup gmail account because gmail requires SSL connection (means secured/encripted). AVC760 work only on unsecured connection and only on 25 port for SMTP.

Conclusion: AVC760 works ONLY with servers who permit:

-access SMTP without POP3.

-unsecured connection

-only port 25.

Still trying to send images via email...