ispy

Resetting password on avc 761 dvr does not work.

Hi,

I'm a first timer and have an AVtech avc 761 dvr. I cannot reset the password and had tried using the reset procedure: short JP2 on circuit board for at least 10 seconds but nothing happened. Any advice or help?Thank you in advance.

PS: this is a great website!

Now that you have done a reset then what are you pressing to get in to the menu?

If you have reset it, then there is no password.

You only need to hit the enter button several times, and that will get you in to the menu.

Thank you for the quick response.

I pressed the menu button and it is still asking for a password. I will try pressing the enter button option after I reset it again. Just to be sure, what are the exact steps to reset the password since my password is still there even though I followed the password reset procedure outlined in the CCTV Forum? My DVR is an AVTEch avc761.

Second question: Why can I not login to the web to view the cameras? The IP address is ok. I pinged the IP and got a reply. All looks good with respect to my connections and internet but I still cannot login. I've even tried my AVC 761 DVR at my friends house and I still cannot login. I thought after resetting the DVR the default name and password ("admin" and "admin") are restored.

Thanks in advance.

Thank you for the quick response.

I pressed the menu button and it is still asking for a password. I will try pressing the enter button option after I reset it again. Just to be sure, what are the exact steps to reset the password since my password is still there even though I followed the password reset procedure outlined in the CCTV Forum? My DVR is an AVTEch avc761.

Second question: Why can I not login to the web to view the cameras? The IP address is ok. I pinged the IP and got a reply. All looks good with respect to my connections and internet but I still cannot login. I've even tried my AVC 761 DVR at my friends house and I still cannot login. I thought after resetting the DVR the default name and password ("admin" and "admin") are restored.

Thanks in advance.

Your responces require me to be there on site in order to access your situation.

Even though you have reset the DVR you will still get a password request screen. This is normal. You only press the ENTER button to get in to the menu.

I do not understand that your password is still there? If you had a valid password then you would have access to the menu. If you have a "bad" password, or a forgotten password then the DVR will give you no responce.

If you have reset the DVR, and you are using a bad, or forgotten password then you are now locked out as it only recognizes the pressing of the enter button several time.

I would have to ask what procedure you are doing to reset the DVR.

Question two leaves out a lot of details, and leaves us to only assume what your problems are.

Are you pinging from the local LAN? Are you pinging from the WAN, and you are getting a responce?

What IP address looks fine? Your LAN IP address looks fine? Your WAN IP address looks fine?

Can you connect to the DVR via the LAN, or the local computer?

Question? What port did you forward, and what LAN IP address did you use?

What address to you see after going to this website?

http://ipchicken.com/

Do you have a static IP address? Do you have a dynamic IP address? Are you using some kind of account such as

http://www.dyndns.com/

Thanks!

Thank you for your patience. Hopefully I can clear things up. I have the AVC761 DVR connected to my home network (LAN) using a Linksys router. The router sees the dvr and my computer sees the DVR. That is, the DVR's IP address is 192.168.1.102 and my computer's IP address is 192.168.1.101. The port is set to 80. I open the Video Viewer E software on my computer and then try to make the connection to the DVR by double clicking its IP address (192.168.1.102). I get another window opening up (Configure) that asks me to type in the password. The user name shows up as "admin". I don't remember the password and have tried everything I can remember. Every password I enter results in a window popping up saying illegal user. How can I reset the user name and password to the default values. Please help!

The same thing happens when I log on to the web; htpp:// 192.168.1.102. A window pops up asking me for the user name and password. How do I reset the user name and password to default values.

Thanks in advance.