mikex79

AXIS 2100 - how to install??? need help

Hi

I have AXIS 2100 IP camera, but I do not know how to install it,

basicly the software I do not know how to set the IP address for the camera and even the AXIS IP UTILITY software does not work.

I do not know too much about IP networks and I do not know where to find my SERVER IP ADDRESS and MY PC IP ADDRESS. I have tried many options and once I managed to make a camera working but then I did not have internet and when I tried to write as www address i could not get through and the only I saw was the camera picture on my all 3 laptops in my local home network which is BT home hub and 3 laptops, please hel me to install this hardware

IP cameras are not for people that do not understand networking. You are having problems with this then what are you going to do when you try to find out why the network crashes just because you do not understand bandwidth. I would advise you take a computer networking class at your local college. I am building a 40 camera axis system tied to a handbuilt 36 terabyte server and built my own network backbone cross tied to the clients network that works without loading his network but it is still viewable by the customer.

I have tried many options and once I managed to make a camera working but then I did not have internet and when I tried to write as www address i could not get through and the only I saw was the camera picture on my all 3 laptops in my local home network which is BT home hub and 3 laptops, please hel me to install this hardware

Sounds like you are close to getting it working. What IP address did you give the camera? To set up viewing over the Internet is a little trickier then local viewing. Get the local viewing working right and then read up on "port forwarding" to get the Internet viewing to work.

Or, just pay the kid next door 20 bucks to set it up for you. People who have done simple home networking could probably set it up in 10 or 15 minutes. To do it yourself could take anywhere from several hours to many days to figure it out. Check out the Computers/Networking forum for networking help:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewforum.php?f=12