m_estacio

How many storage do I need to record a week???

Hi... I would like to know how many storage do I need to record a week (7 days X 24 hours)? if the DVR has 16 chanel, Recording Rate 480 FPS (shared), recording resolution 720x480 or 720x240...

thanks....

First off not all DVR's are the same so we need more info.

1. What brand DVR do you have.

2. What type of compression is used.

3. What is the frame size per frame (4k per frame) ect.

Get us more info and we can help.

Hi... I would like to know how many storage do I need to record a week (7 days X 24 hours)? if the DVR has 16 chanel, Recording Rate 480 FPS (shared), recording resolution 720x480 or 720x240...

thanks....

First of all who are you?

Got to love people that just come here for advise never help anyone or say "hi i am such and such, can you please help me with this problem, No we just post the problem that's it... This is a forum not tech support....

At least introduce yourself... Man

Could not find any more info to get frame sizes but at the rates you you are looking at it should be 2 gig per camera per 24 hours estimate only plus audio if any you could be looking at around 32 gig per day so a 500 gig drive is 15 days.

Now why do you need 30 fps 24 hours a day. Unless you are trying to catch a card shark 10 to 15 fps will do you just fine. Also why not use motion detection most good dvr's on motion detection when it sees motion goes back x seconds and saves it to the hard drive motion can save you up to 50% or more hard drive space.