Sachinb

Which DVR do I need for this setup?

Hello all,

Am very new to camera surveillance so bare with me and any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have 3 camera's setup and going into my DVR4-Alert box which backs up the video. Everything is running fine. HOWEVER, now I wish to remote view my footage so I know I have to purchase another DVR that has LAN capabilities.

My issue is, which DVR should I go for? I still only want a 4 channel one and one that has an internal HD in for backing up and one that is scalable so I can add 1 x wireless camera to it.

The trick now is, my DVR and coaxil cables are upstairs and my wireless router is downstairs. I cannot move the DVR box to downstairs because the coaxil cables are run through under the floorboards of the house so the DVR position has to remain. So I'm wondering, how on earth do I connect a new DVR to the downstairs wireless router? I really do not want to chase a fastethernet cable from the DVR to the router. Any suggestions?

So to summerise -

1) Which 4 Channel DVR should I go for?

2) How do I get around connecting my (to be purchased) DVR to the wireless router downstairs?

Kind regards

Sachin

Crivine's idea is great. When you go to buy one just tell them you are hooking up an Xbox, and they will know what you are talking about.

Or you could use this system. It puts the internet on to your power line where your modem / router is, and you pull the internet off of the power line where your DVR is located. Note: If they are on different branches of you electrical system then you might have problems if the wires in your walls travel a far distance to get back to the breaker box. Most homes it should work ok.

http://www.netgear.com/Products/PowerlineNetworking/PowerlineEthernetAdapters/HDXB101.aspx