AK6942

New converter boxes and a RF modulator

I've obtained a customer with a couple outdoor cameras. The cameras are hooked into a couple RF modulators working with an off air antenna. Now that he requires DTV converter boxes for local off air channels, the boxes are blocking out the analog RF modulators. Does anybody make a digital channel modulator?

Hello,

http://www.channelvision.com/files/guides/diagramsLayouts.pdf

http://channelvision.com/files/guides/Filters_And_DigitalCable.pdf

I believe that you are saying that the antenna signal, and the modulated signal are combined, and then it enters a DTV converter box, and when you go to the modulated channel the camera is not there. Is this what I understand?

Perhaps you can have the antenna go to the DTV converter then combine the modulated signal, and then have this go to the TV?

Would this work for you?

Channel Vision is a good start, they have a great spec design team that will let you know what you need.

Its not really the way it used to be. The way its normally done is using a box that sends the signals over the sale cable, but then your client has an IR remote that switches between the camera signals and/or the cable. Its kind of a pain, but whatever the customer wants right?

Yes sir Scorpion, you are correct on the situation. Unfortunately there is only one RG6 going to each TV and the're on the first floor of a 2 story, so no extra lines to bring in the camera signal.

I originally planned on using the converter boxes analog pass through but it blocks out alot of the signal and looks horrible.

Also the customer is an older gentleman and well, you know how that goes with the switching inputs.