EgbertSouses

Are these cameras good for a dim bar setting?

This is a repost -- just because I really need answers.. I've been looking around and I'm thinking about purchasing these cameras:

6 of these inside:

NUVICO CD-SD21N DAY/NIGHT SECURITY DOME CAMERA WITH 2.8-10mm VARIFOCAL LENS

2 of these outside:

NUVICO CV-SD21N DAY/NIGHT VANDALPROOF WEATHERPROOF SECURITY DOME CAMERA WITH 2.8-10mm VARIFOCAL LENS

or

NUVICO CV-SD21N-L DAY/NIGHT VANDALPROOF WEATHERPROOF SECURITY DOME CAMERA WITH 36 IR LEDs

As you can see, there are two types of outdoor cameras I'm looking at -- I don't neccessarily know which one is better. I imagine the one with 36 IR LEDs are better for night time vision? But the Lux seems the same... Any comments? (I'd post links -- but I don't have enough posts/haven't been active enough days)

Also, are these considered to be quality cameras (The TVL seemed to be decent)? Is Nuvico a good brand? I don't mind spending more -- I'm looking for optimal quality for my budget and situation. Again, the main purpose of these cameras is to mainly catch employees stealing and just to have an overall view of the bar while not having to be there in person.

The bar can get fairly dim inside and obviously outside can get dark as well. Ambient lightning not so great -- so definately need cameras that won't have problems with that.

I am not familiar with the brands that you have posted in your previous posts.

I have used these in Gentlemen's clubs, night clubs, and bars, and they work fairly good to great.

I use a lot of the neon bar signs, and rope lighting, or black lights to provide illumination in dark clubs.

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-CPIRD_hidden_camera.html

http://eclipsecctv.com/ECL-374.html

I will use expensive cameras for the important areas, such as the front door, back door, atm, and the office, and then I use the minis to cover pool tables, dart boards, and seating areas. Using the minis help offset some of the cost to keep within budgets of most tight fisted budgets.

I will use the coverts behind a DJ Booth, or in liquor storage area, and in the office as a back up to a regular camera to see if people disable the first camera.

I have used the Samsung 931T for outdoors.

http://www.samsung-security.com/products/cameras/scc931t.php

Hey Egbert -

Actually, the Nuvico cameras you're specifying actually do better in low light conditions than ANY camera I've ever seen, pricey name-brand, or cheap off-brand.

The thing is, first off, GREAT warranty, as good as the "big boys".

As for the image, dude, 550 TVL, so yeah, awesome picture. Thing is with these Nuvicos, they all have the SIE chipset, which has digital slow shutter, so although you're referencing their SD cameras, which have day/night cut filters, they also have DSS, so one way or the other the picture will be GREAT in low light- take it from me, I've installed HUNDREDS of them - Their DVRs are pretty great too, if you're not familiar.

I think what really sets them apart, aside from the product and picture quality, is the fact that they've safeguarded distribution by placing an "unauthorized distributor list" on their website. What that means is that you and I don't necessarily have to worry about our end-users going on various websites pricing-out the stuff because their authorized resellers have to abide by a certain set price that they can make public.

They have quite a few resellers, so to get the best price the best thing you can do is contact their website for a local distributor.

My .02 -

the newer Nuvico cameras look great on paper , but i have tried a couple of Nuvico Omnivu NVCC-SDD series which were supposed to be 550 line and they disappointed me greatly , they were very grainy and looked more like 420 TVL in my opinion.

i removed and dumped them on ebay.

they were replaced with cameras i made up from dual CCD Sony 500 TVL colour and 600 TVL BW boards , fitted with an IR LED array and they give good daytime image and CRYSTAL CLEAR night vision to about 35 metres .

Me and Nuvico just didnt get along.