cybercabz

Why has this stopped working and how do i fix it?

I had ny cctv set up nicely and networked through my router and all the settings are the same and nothing has been changed but its stopped working so i can acces the cameras over the internet from a different location.

I cant seem to acces them now.

i have checked my ip setting on my network setting on the dvr software.

I have checked the settings in the router fro the port number and firewall rules and they all seem to be thesane as ever but i cant acces now over the internet from a differnt location.

Can any one help or let me know what to do.

I remember a person from this forum helped me setit up before using a remote help programme and his name was lowvoltageonline.

Can any one help me sort this problem for good?

If any ne can and they like to instant msg me on msn my msn address is lutontaxis@hotmail.co.uk where i can msg u back live.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Cybercabz

Are you sure your Public IP address hasn't changed?

Have you tried power cycling the equipment? It could be the router locked up. I would power cycle the modem and then the DVR too if the router power cycle didn't work.

Are you sure your Public IP address hasn't changed?

Have you tried power cycling the equipment? It could be the router locked up. I would power cycle the modem and then the DVR too if the router power cycle didn't work.

No the public ip address is the same.

I had the ip address had changed before on one occasion so had to go and alter that in the router once,but this time its all the same still and has not changed so in theory if all the setings are the same i should be able to acces the cctv still but i just can not.

is it because the dyndns account has expired or something?

Have you power cycled the router? I see those things lockup all the time. I've even seen where email wouldn't work until I power cycled the router.

I don't think dyndns would expire. Especially an account being used. But you can test by bypassing the dyndns service. Try to use your public IP address instead of the dyndns URL. You may have to affix the port number to the end of the IP address with a colon: