MattVidionics

Anyone know anything about Anykeeper?

I bought this Anykeeper DVR as I liked the GUI. Since then it has run almost problem free, that was until I tried to make an AVI file.

"Save as" -> (AVI,BMP or JPG) Select AVI

The video window opens, then click START.

"video codec?" -> Select either uncompressed, or may other formats.

Recording now begins, but it cannot be stopped!

As soon as something large changes on the screen, or you click STOP or QUIT then program hangs.

The only thing to do is CNTRL ALT DEL, then end the program!

I know Anykeeper is not mentioned alot here, and realise that maybe I should have invested in a GV DVR card but is there anyone that could help here?

I am looking for the latest version of Anykeeper, but it is not downloadable from anykeeper.com without a password.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you,

Matt

Looking at the EYEMAX website (www.eyemax.com). Have a look in PRODUCTS then the 9000 series.

This is the Anykeeper card isn't it?

I tried to install the eyemax software, which again, is very simular if not identical!

Problem is, after the installation, "DVR card is not found".

I tried installing the original Anykeeper drivers for the DVR card (from windows 'devices' page, but still the same.

Someone mentioned something about eyemax software working with Anykeeper cards a while ago, did anyone have any success?

Matt

Eyemax is a different board than anykeeper. The same company in Korea makes them, but they use different software. If you are in the USA and have an anykeeper board your kinda out of luck. To my knowledge, Tibet does not support the anykeeper software in the USA. Where did you buy the board?

If you'll wait long enough the recording should stop eventually. Make sure to select "uncompressed". If this doesn't work, you probably have some problem with your computer, not with the software.

Edited by Guest

had the same issue with a dedicated micros DVR the other day, when you do a file import from a start time to an end time it doesnt actually show you if its saving, but its doing it in the background .. weird..! You dont know if its ended unless you try to open the file ..

It's not possible to make it work right.

If you insist on just making it work, I think I have a version that will work, but will crash a lot.

PM me if needed.

Please send me a copy and i'll try it,

Thanks,

Hi,

Please send to xxxx@xxxxxxx

(I sent you an PM with a different email address, but the one above is fine).

Many thanks,

Matt

***I will post the results here soon (whether it worked, or how reliable it was, etc)***

(attempting to make AVI file from dvr)

Well, I only needed about a minutes worth of recording. After waiting 40 minutes I think it is safe to assume its crashed.

I tried making a AVI of a few seconds worth of DVR recording, and it worked!

I am going to try a faster machine this week sometime, to see if its a speed issue.

I am still looking to try that DVR version if you have a chance to send it to me 'loop'(forum user)?

Damn! Wish I could get into the Anykeeper site to download the lastest version!

Thanks

I did not receive it.

I have just sent myself an email with attachment, and again, nothing received, so looks like a problem with my email.

Could you please send it to xxxx@xxxxxxx

Thanks for doing that!

Matt

Mail sent, although I think your problem is with your hardware or OS configuration.

Thank goodness for that.

Thanks very much LOOP.

The eyemax software you sent did not work, but the other software you suggested did work.

The software looks different from the Anykeeper GUI, but the format and setup is exactly the same.

More importantly, it is an update to what I had before.

(Had: Version 5.49.00, Now: Version 5.50.16)

My previous Anykeeper software problems:

* "Saturation" spelt wrong!

* Difficult to playback a camera, unless you zoomed in to the timeline and clicked a blue dot (a recorded frame) first

* Making an AVI file (making a movie file, for example, to give to police of an incident) was difficult, as it kept locking up during the process!

* Difficult to move the brightness and contrast sliders (they would not move occasionly)

* When exiting setup (saving changes) took a while to start up again

* The setup screen was too big, which means that the and buttons were off the screen! To get them, you had to try and shift the window to the highest point on your monitor!!

This update is much better, and all of the above problems look like they have been rectified.

Loop, with your permission, can I place a link to that site?

Many, many thanks!

Matt