313-313

Exacq Software licensing question

I sold a 4 camera IP license for the first time today to a customer and I realized that the software expires in a year. Does the customer have to pay again to get it working(renew).

thanks

Yeah, support and free upgrades probably expire in a year, but I can't see the software itself expiring and not working anymore after a year. Most with a "demo" mode like that will be 14-30 days or something.

I sold a 4 camera IP license for the first time today to a customer and I realized that the software expires in a year. Does the customer have to pay again to get it working(renew).

thanks

No, you pay only once. Software itself will not stop working - but you wont get any support or new versions of software after year. So, you are ok.

So you get updates for a year... does Exacq have any sort of a service package deal you can buy to get updates a year or two down the line?

It would be prohibitively expensive to have to re-buy the entire package just to get updates every year.

does Exacq have any sort of a service package deal you can buy to get updates a year or two down the line?

Yes, you can buy 1; 3 and 5 year.

34fe0aef610e.jpg

aha... very good.

Don't they get about $150 per channel for the VMS software? What's the rough cost of that update package relative to the cost of the initial software purchase?

aha... very good.

Don't they get about $150 per channel for the VMS software? What's the rough cost of that update package relative to the cost of the initial software purchase?

$25 per channel