dcam

Problems with " dipmap.com " ?

Is anybody having problems with dipmap.com.

One by one my DVR's are going off line, when I check it out , the ddns program is running but it will not update, it says " you have entered an incorrect user name or password or your user name is inactive "

I have internet access to the DVR's via " logmein " as control centre does not work either

So far 7 DVR's are down, this started yesterday.???

Have you tried all of them, some of mine are still working, another one has dropped off about an hour ago. All with the same message !

The nearest problem DVR is about 100 km's away,I was there today and installed a " dyndns.com " to solve the problem for the client, but I did not try another dipmap address as I was expecting Geovision to solve this problem.

I find it strange that I am the only one that has this problem.

I'm trying to make a connection between the ones that are malfunctioning and anything that I have done in the last few days with them, but I draw a blank.

Update... I have solved the problem by " registering " the DDNS again, using the same user name and password and it worked.

This is not normal as it would would normally say " user name is already in use" but it dosen't .

These dvr's are used every day remotely, so the DDNS would not have gone over the 30 day limit.

This is defenitly a dipmap problem, but I'm suprised that nobody else has experienced anything,...yet.

This is defenitly a dipmap problem, but I'm suprised that nobody else has experienced anything,...yet.

Just wait til all the sysadmins get back to work Monday morning...

had the same problem and I did it the same, register again the same user and password, I was register in dipmap just a week ago, so I am not sure if the service will work allways, I will try to ask andy, but do you know if another ddns service will works as dyndns for example? is it neccesary to install local ddns server for samething?

Regards

Is anybody having problems with dipmap.com.

One by one my DVR's are going off line, when I check it out , the ddns program is running but it will not update, it says " you have entered an incorrect user name or password or your user name is inactive "

I have internet access to the DVR's via " logmein " as control centre does not work either

So far 7 DVR's are down, this started yesterday.???

Are you install ddns from gv v8.2? if you are, try to install older version of ddns. without choice *specific ip adress*

All problem DVR's are running on V8.12. They all have been running without problems since the last dipmap failure, which was I think was about 9 or 10 months ago, but the strange thing is , only a few of mine were aaffected,and Benjamin is the only other one to notice it,but shurely Geovision must know about this.....Andy ?

Looks like dipmap site is down again , this time the site cannot be accessed, it says "the page cannot be displayed". At the moment 2x DVR's are affected.

Why am I and Benjamin the only ones that have noticed this, if the problem is on my side how could it be popping up randomly on different DVR's

Anyone got any ideas on this, all other DVR's are updating properly, the 2x problem one's just will not.

I've tried un installing and re installing the program, everything else seems to be running fine, Internet explorer + Log me in works fine.

These two DVR's have been running for about 2 or 3 months

I have been having a LOT of problems with the dipmap serviceand have had to re-register several accounts that should have been working fine.

They need to make sure this is working better.

What kind of problems have you had, I wish Geovision would at least acknowledge that there is a problem, I have been wrestling with the latest problem for two days now, which is, that I cannot even re register , and I'm wondering if this is my problem or Geovision's.

Both problem sites have an adsl2+ router (the others have not)

Both sites have a dyndns account on the same ip address for a separate network camera (all port forwarding done) I wonder if dipmap does not like dydns on the same ip address , but this should not matter.

If geovision would at least say that the problem is on their side , then it would save me all this detective work......Andy?

Update ... one of the DVR's just came back on line... "update successful", the other one I don't know as the router is unpluged at the moment.

At least I know now that this is a dipmap issue, but it would be nice if they posted malfunctions on a few prominent Geovision forums, or maybe there are just too many.