atomb

Im new and need HELP-

I was hoping that someone would be able to help me figure out the best way to implement a surveillance system that I could monitor with my iphone on the 3G network remotely and record the video aswell on a inexpensive dvr that I could also remotely enter with an IP addrerss. I need a stable decent video rate on the iphone. Has anyone done this and what is the best route to take. I am on a budget but I need to make the system humm so what do you guys think?

MY ideas were

Cameras -- analog ---inexpensive

axis video server----- digitize the feed

then I thought to set up a web server and let the iphone pull the feed from safari.

The other more expensive option would be go with axis cameras ip network cameras and the price seriousy goes up.. I really need some help-- Thanks

I saw the program Ira for the iphone but it looks expensive-

BTW im in the U.S.

thanks for the reply -seems that homelogic is windows based as well. This is also not a home application its for my business. thanks and I appreciate the reply.

Thanks I think Im going to stay away from this -it seems like you can do it but can get priceyif you want it well done.

Thanks I think Im going to stay away from this -it seems like you can do it but can get priceyif you want it well done.

The iRa software is a very intuitive mobile video surveillance application. However you are right being pricey. Depending on what you are trying to do it can be a great tool. Have you seen the demo? go to there site and take a look at their demo video. You can utilize Axis Cameras and so many others however if you want to record you'll have to use a Milestone Server or a JVC network video recorder as those have milestone embedded into the NVR. The software is for live view purposes only. They are still working on adding some new features to the software.

I just got a copy of the software direct from Lextech Labs so i'll be playing around with it.

iRa direct is $499

iRa pro is $899

Hi new here but came across your post,

I too needed to have remote access to my camera whilst on holiday, I was using the old pico thing on a cheap eBay card. Didn't have to be great quality just see who was around if my alarm went off as it rings my phone.

On searching I found a brilliant cheap application that allows you to watch your camaras live feed as well as play back recording on the iPhone. It has a 21 day trial too.

My only complaint is that my 2 cameras use the pelco d protocol via the com port and the software does not cater for this so although I can veiw them, I can't use the PTZ.

The software is called i-catcher and is made by icode.co.uk, their website has loads of dead links but don't be put off, one thing I discovered was that when viewing on your iPhone you have to tick the javascript box and not leave it defaulted on java else you don't get an image

Hope this is of some help

One other thing,

I am nothing to do with the makers, on re Reading my post it sounds like a blatent advert, I just found it during the day today as I'm on Holiday from 7:30 am today (that's about 7 hours time) and desperatly needed something that worked before I went.

Not sure if I'll buy the full version unless I can find a way around the Remote PTZ issue, any ideas from anyone would be great.

The PTZ interface supplied with the software seems to be only for the IP based cameras which may well suit some people, but not me.