Sam007

EB1304NET Sata (Quick quad screen question and motion Q)

Hi all,

During quad screen live view, i have a black bar which seperates cameras 1 and 2. I only have 2 cameras hooked up at the moment. Switching the inputs to 3 & 4 does the same thing. Is this normal? I've played with a few DVR's and usually the quad screen view is seamless.

This happens both with the BNC video output or VGA output. BTW, the bnc video output looks BAD on lcd monitors. Theres ghosting/jaggies and i almost went blind trying to program the menus. VGA = much better!

Also, when you have motion recording activated and you are in the menu's....the system does not record any motion even though there is motion going on in the picture. I thought this DVR was supposed to still be able to record while in the menus?? It does still record if you have forced the rec via remote but never on motion setting.

The line between screens is normal for my Avermedias. Never really noticed it that much. I believe that only the 1704 model is recording during playback. My other Avermedia models stop recording also, just during playback.

thanks for the reply cachecreek. Yep, i think i do get motion recording while in playback but definatley not while accessing the menus.