buzz427

which dvr HW compression card should i choose?

Hey guys, Im looking at a 8 camera system and been going crazy trying to decide what card to go with.

My choices are the Geovision GV-2008 or the Hikvision DS-4016HCI Run in a 8 camera application or the Nuuo 5000 series

My Top requirements are

-Picture quality

-Real time view and recording FPS

-Remote View quality

I know that the Hikvision and the Nuuo do HW compression of Mpeg-4 part 10 and that the GV-2008 only does Mpeg-4 Part 2. Have read that Mpeg 4 part 10 (h.264) is much better but i dont Know.

Any advise would be great. even it it means i should look at a different card.

Thanks

Hikvision DS-4016HCI + NovoSun CyeWeb 16 channels edition = very high quality system in very low price, and satisfy your requirements.

yclin, do you have any live demos of software up and running? Do nuuo cards require IE only?

destro,

I'm sorry, but NUUO don't have a live demo yet.

But you can find NUUO demo videos on YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_type=&search_query=nuuo&aq=f.

I believe the videos can help you understand more of NUUO products.

A web browser is needed when you open up web-based remote live view and web-based remote playback. Since NUUO's web-based live view and playback are based on ActiveX, I'm afraid IE is the only browser choice for you. (but you don't need IE for desktop remote live view and playback)

If you want a trial version, you may check out our FTP site.

ftp://trial:trial99@nuuo.dnsalias.com/

Three trial versions are available: NVR (english only), NVR (multi-lingual), and Central Management System.

NUUO's trial versions is as much featured as the official ones are, except that they expire in 30 days. Please try them out and send your feedback.

Please also check out NUUO technical support website for more details.

http://support.nuuo.com/mediawiki/index.php/Software_features

http://support.nuuo.com/mediawiki/index.php/Cms

We are ready to answer any question from you!!!

Yung-chung Lin

Email: service@nuuo.com

Hikvision DS-4016HCI + NovoSun CyeWeb 16 channels edition = very high quality system in very low price, and satisfy your requirements.

No intent on hijacking thread.

jameslou, I was just wondering if you can maybe give me some pointers.

I've been looking for a better software than Unisight to use with HikVision cards and I saw your post along with others and decided to give it a try.

I downloaded the software and codec's, got a 14 day demo registration, installed the software and was able to configure it whit not much difficulty.

I've one problem know, I restarted the system and now I am unable to access the setting dialog, any ideas?

P.S. I'm using an HikVision DS-4016HCI®