Thomlive

Megapixel camera facial recognition

I have seen something that illustrates what you can expect to see that shows the same subject using different megapixel cameras. 1.3, 3, 5 etc. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I saw it on the web about a year ago.

I have seen something that illustrates what you can expect to see that shows the same subject using different megapixel cameras. 1.3, 3, 5 etc. Does this ring a bell with anyone? I saw it on the web about a year ago.

Mexapixel vendors such as Mobotix and Axis have examples on their websites. Keep in mind, however, that megapixel cameras may not have the low light capability you need, in which case the increase in pixels may not provide the identification you want an night. Vendors typically don't provide enough information for you to make a day/night purchasing decision (i.e. may not include a realistic shutter speed with their minimum lux value in their data sheets), so be aware of this issue if you intend to use the camera at night.

Best,

Christopher

Thanks, I will check out those websites. I probably saw this on AXIS.

We have had some success with the 5MPG Avigilon camera at night. It seems that the bigger MPG cameras seem to have better low-light capability, but most seem to be using CMOS chips.

Thomlive