Ghazi

Need Some Help Selecting DVR card

Finally i found this forum before making my purchase, I will give you whole story so it would help anyone helping me out. I have a grocery store in chicago area in which i like to put 8 cameras. I have talked with 2 guys that do this kind of job, and one gave me an estimate of $5200, and the other gave me $6500, with system, real time, and harddrive, and cameras everything installed with flat panel monitor. I finally found the software that they use, it is from dvrmart.com

I really like the featuers in that software, but i dont have that much money to spend on that system. I had been searching the ebay for that purpose, but still not fully satisfied, now i like you guys to help me select the dvr card that would give me 8 channel,1audio,240fps, and good toys i would say.

1. which dvr card is the best out in the market with good features.

2. which cameras are good in the market (480 lines suppose).

3. please advise the model number on dvr card as well as cameras.

and if i have any questions i will ask in later thread.

yes color.

day and night

would like to spend almost $3000.00 for the whole thing.

i dont know why pc-based, is there anything else?

i though it was so i can see it over the internet

thanks for reply

he said 3000.00

The GEO! is going to cost him 1000 right off the bat!

I sent you a PM Ghanzi.

The if it's for a grocery store, I have done supermarkets with 8 cameras, with the I-view cards, for your pricerange **installed**.

The problem is that a lot of installers don't understand that not everyone has the budget nor the need for high end systems.

Example, why get a box camera to keep an eye at a storage room, when a dome camera would do the job exactly, and cost 1/2 the money of a box camera, and the lens.

Plus since you are doing it yourself, you need someone who would give you the best support possible.

8 channel stand alone of high quality will cost too much for that budget, check herm on the i-view. If you dont want to use a PC also he has some low end 16 channel DVRs, which will give you room for add ons.

As for cameras, like herm said, low risk areas, or areas that dont require ID, then any cheap cam will work, depends on your taste, but since $3000 is your budget your left with the cheaper camera at least in the low risk areas.

Look at what areas are high risk, low risk, and areas (such as a front door) that may require face ID. There are different cameras for different applications.

Rory

The difference between a PC and a stand alone is that with a PC system, you have more features than the stand alones, but a little more maintinance, while with the Stand ALones, is basically set it and forget it.