deor

webcam on JustinTV with analog CCTV system

I have a analog system at a business I own. The cameras go to a Pelco VS5104 switcher and Advanced Technologies Quadra Split 421SS and then VCRs, a bit ancient but does the job. JustinTV and a few others offer free streaming video, seems basically a web cam service. I would like to set up an account with Justintv and send out the video and audio from the switchers, all BNC connectors. I have the computer and dsl but need some kind of card and software in the computer to take the analog audio and video and send it to JustinTV and I'll have a little webcam system that I and the world can view. Don't see how JustinTV can make any money doing this but as long as they are I would like to use it.Thanks

You just need a video capture card for you PC. A dedicated card with Video Inputs or a USB stick would work.

yes a video capture card is the way to go but already tried the USB ones and can't get the video and audio to sync,but thanks

once you get a DVR card it will [typically] have its own webcam software so you wouldn't need justinTV. Also you could just look for a Video Server.

I USED A PCI TV TUNER CARD MADE BUY HAPPAUGE. BEST BUY SELLS THEM, $99.99, HERE IN THE US. IF YOU BUY SOME SOFTWARE SET WITH A CARD THAT CARD MIGHT ONLY WORK WITH THE SOFTWARE. HAPPAUGE ALSO HAS A CHEAPER ONE I'M SURE. TOM

I use an Adaptec GameBridgeTV USB adapter to capture video and audio into my laptop... cost me about $30. Works great.

But Rory has the best idea - a basic DVR card, and most included software will include its own webserver support, so you just stream the video straight from the local computer. Put together a cheap $300 PC to put it in and upgrade the guy to all-digital recording already.