WirelessEye

Pelco DSP to standard VCR?

Hi,

I typically don't work with dvr's, vcr's, etc., so please don't poke fun. =)

I have a Pelco Color DSP camera hooked to a standard VCR, but I get no video from the camera. I thought there could be an issue with the VCR so I hooked the camera straight to the TV. Still nothing. Do I need an adapter of some sort?

Thanks.

cerify the camera is working. If it is working it should connect and work. If you are connecting to the TV/VCR; BNC out of camera to RCA connector in on TV/VCR needs an adapter. VCR settings; line in. TV settings; Video A/B/C/D Good luck.

Other things to check:

* Assuming you're in the US, make sure the camera is NTSC, rather than PAL

* You've connected the correct voltage (probably 24v, rather than 12v)

* The lens cap is off

In addition to what the others said, also, if it is using an Auto Iris Lens, make sure it is not in AES mode ..cause you could be getting a black screen ...?

And if it is a DC Lens make sure it is not set on VIDEO on the camera, change it to DD for Auto iris, or AES for Manual Iris Lens.

First thing I would check is the power, then the connections ... Make sure the camera is getting the correct voltage on the cameras power terminals.

The camera is working on NTSC. It was borrowed from a previous jobsite. It's flex-voltage (both 24vac and 12vdc), we have it hooked up 24VAC, the green light on the camera comes on. The lense cap is not on.

We have a BNC-to-Ftype connector directly on the camera so that we can use standard TV coax connectors. Do we have to use a RCA adapter to get video?

Make sure the TV side is plugged into the TV's AV input, which is normally RCA or SVideo, not coaxial. The VCR will for sure also require an RCA adaptor.

Cool ... just remember its a different signal, for future reference ..CCTV and TV different signals - to view on the TV input an RF Modulator would be required. Direct input into the Audio/Video Inputs such as the RCA or S-Video, is a better choice, cheaper and also much better quality - which is the way you have it now.

Rory