gbholzer

Long periods of no recording during recorded clips

We have a system that is being installed by a professional company.

Because of some poor performance we have been upgrading the system constantly. We have changed out the Geovision cards twice and the DVR computer once. Right now we are running with v8.2 and the GV-2008 card. The problem that I am asking about has been present during the entire install.

What happens is that during a recorded clip it will begin to record but only record a few frames then the image stops, the clip continues with no video present, blue screen appears, sometimes this will only last for a few of seconds mostly it continues for 20 - 40 seconds. Then at the end of the recorded clip it picks back up with the recording. It does not seem to loose any information, just long periods of blank recording.

This will happen on every clip, on all camera inputs.

During this last upgrade It does appear to be a little better but still happens on most clips.

Does anyone have any insite that they would like to share, The Install company has not been much help with this issue. So I would like to give them some direction to turn.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

What are the exact specifications of the pc you are using?

Do they meet the specs laid down by geo for your card.

They can be fussy about the type of chipset used on the motherboard etc.

Is the card genuine (easy to check, just contact geovision with the serial number on the back of the card and they will confirm if its a genuine card or not).

A guy helping me with this worked with the install company to make sure that we were using components that met the specs...he discovered that the first DVR that they installed did not and made them change it.

I will check on the specs later and post asap.

And I will check if the card is genuine as well.

Thanks!