griffonsystems

IR illuminators but need to be poe

anyone used anything out there that is poe and outdoor rated.. the ones i have seen from raymax and axis are poe but not outdoor rated as well, the outdoor ones need a sep power supply which for this application we want to only run poe devices

thanks

pg

spoke with a few experts in the field of ir and its a power issue with poe, not enough power to power such a ir illuminator device for any distance so it looks like we will have to run power for the ir illuminator. so be it

They're right... I think you can only get about 45W out of PoE... that's not nearly enough for a decent illuminator.

u probably meant to say 4.5 W ?

PoE can go up to about 15.4W

anyone used anything out there that is poe and outdoor rated.. the ones i have seen from raymax and axis are poe but not outdoor rated as well, the outdoor ones need a sep power supply which for this application we want to only run poe devices

thanks

pg

What is the wattage your camera consume ?

have idea for u

I think the newish ieee802.3at standard says 60 watts POE! But I don't know if the standard has been ratified.

I could power my laptop on 60 watts.

They're right... I think you can only get about 45W out of PoE... that's not nearly enough for a decent illuminator.

u probably meant to say 4.5 W ?

PoE can go up to about 15.4W

Did I miss a decimal point? That's embarrassing...