cctvnoob

What sort of cable does this use?

I got this camera for free and I'm wondering what kind of cable it uses and what else I need to make it work. It seems to be in pretty good condition so I think it'll work. I've been having a hard time finding info on it and would really appreciate the help. Here are some pics...

h t t p : / / w w w .flickr. com/photos/36659402@N03/

And here is the most info I've been able to find on it...

(I'm not sure this is the same camera, but it's the closest I've been able to find)

h t t p : / / cgi.ebay. com. sg/NEW-Vivitar-Observation-Security-Camera-System-13-NR_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQitemZ250378313420

I'd like to hook this up to my computer if I could... anyway thanks in advance.

Delete the spaces to make the links work. It wouldn't let me submit links because I'm new...

I noticed the end from my old mouse fits perfectly in the port. Would it work if I spliced or soldered the wires from to male end together and connected one end to the camera and the other to a pc?

No, it wont work plugged in to your mouse port.

The connector looks a bit like a svh-s one, but it has more connections on it, so cant be that.

It looks like that one connector is supplying every connection to and from the camera, there are no other connectors on the camera?

If its the only one, then it must be designed to work with the special monitor that would have been supplied with it, the connector would have to supply sound (both ways if used at all), video to the monitor, and power supply.

Unless your able to figure out from the board what pins do what on the connector, what voltages etc you need to supply etc then I would just sell that one on ebay and pick up a 'normal' camera cheap second hand on ebay to play with.

If you need something for real security though, you may be better buying something decent though...