eebozz

Remote viewing

Hello, I have been able to view my dvr from my remote computer for the past week. Now all of a sudden, when I input my user name and password and try to access my dvr through the internet using pc viewer d6, I get a message that says,(-3) No Stream time out. Can anyone please help me? I double checked everything ,and all my parimeters seem to be the same as when it was working. I'm not exactly computer literate, so any advice would be extremely helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like your Public IP address changed. When you use the viewer software does it show that it is trying to connect to an IP address, or a domain name?

I log into the IP address of the dvr, I just went to the network section on my dvr and updated the user name and password and when I exited the menu a message on my tv said ,"new Mac address please reboot" After I rebooted the dvr ,I tried to view my dvr remotely and for what ever reason it's working again. I don't have a clue what happened...

Thank you very much for trying to help me.

terry.

have you tried getting in from a computer on the same network? if you can't you have a network problem, if you can't I think c7 is right.

Yes, I tried and neither computers would connect. Is it better to use a domain name instead of the ip address of my dvr? Shouldn't the ip address of the dvr never change ,unlike a dynamic ip address?

Thanks.

Well I seem to be having a similar problem.

I just bought a 9CH MPEG4 DVR running Linux from ebay. It doesn't seem to have a model number but from what I can work out the insides are the same as the Q-See model QSD6209.

It seems to work fairly well until you start trying to use the PC Viewer software over the network. The software seems to work initially then after a while I can't connect to the DVR anymore. I get the same error message "(-3) No Stream time out" when trying to connect. The DVR is usually still working OK but sometimes I find that this has also crashed. In any case the only way to get it the network working again is to reboot the DVR.

The problem seems the same regardless of if you are connecting over the internet or you are on the local network.

I suspect the problem is a Linux firmware issue in the DVR although it seems to have the latest available firmware version.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Also eebozz, getting back to your issue. What brand or model is your DVR?

DVR-back.jpg.a307616fe2522b979ae4fc07b74ba98e.jpg

DVR-front.jpg.58dfa188a63a8611599e36a059e8942f.jpg

Okay, don't laugh. I bought this dvr on ebay, I was upgrading from a time lapse recorder. The unit is a Ray Sharp 4-ch 500 gb. Surprisingly,the picture quality is pretty good. But, probably not as quality of a unit as most of the people have that come to this site. I thought this would be a good starter unit. Has anyone ever heard of this brand? and if so, what are the pros and cons on it?

Thanks,

eebozz