Sign in to follow this  
UnderCover

Verint Encoders

I am currently running 5x 16 port Verint analog encoders, along with the Loronix DVR solution software. Our support contract just ran out, and I have an issue. I am seeing 6-10second skips in recorded video consistently. The boot drives have all been replaced, and all the ports are functioning. I ran tests on all the hard drives and all seem to be functioning normally. Anyone got any idea where my issue is?

Anti-Virus programs can cause issues with realtime applications.

I would make sure that you have excluded the storage directories from the AV, and set the full system scan to run at off hours or disable it, at least until you can rule it out as a source of your problems.

Sounds to me like a network problem I was having with some IP cameras....The network was clogged, and the cameras would write to their buffer while waiting to send. If the buffer got full, they would simply shut down and clear the buffer. so I saw 2 min gaps...

Ive used the Verint 16s with Genetec ansd had very little problems with them.

You say you tested the HDD's What type of drives are you running. Did you check the disk Input/output per second figures (IOPS). 5 16 channel verints running to one storage server would be alot....If your running only one server, and using SATA drives...I'd look there.