Sign in to follow this  
rory

a local disgrace ...

was on a job today at the harbour side, by the cruise ships actually just east of the new straw market ..

When I pulled up in front of the store to park, and was taking tools here and there, noticed I was stepping over streams of urine, coming down from the building's wall, fresh urine so it was from the afternoon not last night .. so I moved my vehicle ..over a couple spaces when one freed up.

Then I noticed the people selling stuff out of the back of their cars, hanging around my vehicle and walking back and forth, thinking maybe they were (who knows) trying to break in as they were leaning up all over it, I was looking out the window .. saw a little kid from one of the families leaning on my vehicle when he saw me in the window he moved .. the older woman was just standing there I figured her car was next to mine or something ... anyway, when I went ouside to get something ..i noticed 2 fresh puddles of unrine right where they were standing!! They peed right there in the road standing up ..in front of all the tourists walking back and forth ..

And it wasnt just them, other kids who were hanging out on the sea wall kept coming back and forth, grown men also, I just couldnt be 100% sure to say anything, plus it wasnt my place ..but sure i grabbed the camera, only to find out I had brought the wrong one, the one with the dead battery ..

Needless to say the stench of urine I smelled when I first got out my vehicle when i pulled up, was fresh urine and these NO MANNERED people who were probably selling without any licence also, had their whole families there walking back and forth peeing all over the darnb street and walls all afternoon ..WHAT A DISGRACE!!

As i was looking outside, at the area, and the crowds of unruly locals, drinking out of bottles, peeing all over the place, garbage everywhere, just a very run down area for a tourist spot, then a huge fight right outside being broken up by police, which was between a bunch of different vendors who were cussing each other out even as they were leaving the area.... and I thought - this is what we want tourists to see when they come down here for a 1 day stop on the cruise ship!!!??! Now how many of them will ever actually come here on vacation after seeing that crap!

And this was a Sunday, I wonder what it is like on a weekday .. oh well, will see tomorrow!

Yep I havent been down there in years, and after this job dont plan on going back either !! Just a discusting area when you have to listen to cussing and walk over streams of urine ... I just wonder what the store owners in that area think, like have they ever mentioned anything to the police or someone? I know Im going to mention it to the new store owner tomorrow, thats for sure.

I been over seas, but most of the time it is the kids that only piss on the walls. But if the grown men does it they are freakin stupid.