vtphilk

Residential Recommendations (Pool Area/Back Yard)

I was wondering if anyone could give some recommendations on cameras for a residential install. I have recently finished redoing my back yard and put in new stone etc.. around my pool. I have a home automation company and would like to try and get into the security /cctv stuff but reading thru the forums here there are ALOT of things to consider!

So rather buy and try, I was hoping someone could give some recommendations on cameras.

I have a 40ft~ pool with a diving board (Which worries me thus the cameras). About another 30 feet of 'deck' area on one side of it which has a grill and fire pit etc..

I have prewired for Ethernet, coax (RG59+RG6 for TV), and two wire. So I should be able to go with IP or analog cams.

Where the prewire is,

1) on outside of siding of base of upper deck pointing out at firepit/grill area.

2) on outside of siding of base of upper deck pointing out at the pool.

3) 3 stories up under roof eve to get a wide look of entire pool/grill area + we have a small upper wood deck above which comes out from kitchen so figured that would catch that as well.

All the siding is white so I was looking for some white cameras and since it will be mounted on the side I don't think domes will look right (Maybe in location # 3).

So my thoughts were going cheap thru scdlinkcom

For Location#1 +2

scdlinkcom - Model : CFC6014IR

Location #3

scdlinkcom - Model : CFC6300VF

However, then reading some posts here it's not too wise to skimp on the cameras os now I'm thinking maybe the :

KT&C KPC-N600

Then a few others saying the Extreme IR cameras but they are much more $$. I was thinking about not getting IR on any of the cameras and just picking up one or two of the 'invisible' IR illuminators (940nM)

scdlinkcom Model: ILL8402

to light up the pool area at night.

I would like to be able to see the areas at night so if my kids are out there I can see what is going on. Any advice you can provide is much appreciated!

I'm planning on hooking all this up to a H.264 DVR then integrating it with my HAI Home Automation system as IP cameras.

Thanks!

I put up a KT&C KPC-WDR470 to watch my pool. The WDR is great and the camera performs really well in low light conditions. The WDR470 comes with a 2.5-6mm varifocal lens which might suit your needs. Here are a couple of snapshots. Note- the streetlights behind my back wall provide a little light. First picture is the camera in relation to the pool, its kind of hard to see (the red circle is where the camera is located under the eave)

436730848_backyard018-1.JPG.520a193067182f8acff2d6c5067fd426.JPG

vlcsnap-16735707.png.54197a13f33dec1463576fea343e4ba1.png

vlcsnap-16726616.png.8776c58eef06cf4b361161a77d9551da.png

Nice..Thanks for the example! Since the overwatch on the pool is going to be three stories up on the eve I don't think I need to zoom out that far but maybe the 6mm will work. But it seems that model has been discontinued..

Also, for the lower level stuff location 1,2 that zoom looks like what I will need cause my setup in that respect is close to yours. Just need to find a non-dome since it will be external and not hidden under a overhang.